Chapter15: It Hurts

*Jack’s POV*

No matter how many video games I played, no matter how much TV I watched, I just couldn’t get Priya out of my head. I couldn’t get the disgusting pit of guilt out of my stomach. I was still wearing the same clothes that I was wearing last night, I felt that there was no point in changing…there was nobody to impress anyway. I stuffed my hands into my pockets and headed towards the kitchen to grab a bottle of root beer. However, I noticed there was a piece of paper in my pocket. I stopped in my tracks and took it out. I unfolded the little note; on it was an unfamiliar phone number. Suddenly I remembered, last night there was a girl that tried to chat me up. I was too drunk to say anything so she simply just gave me her number to keep. This has happened so many times.

I decided to call her; I figured that seeing someone else would get my mind off Priya. At least for today. I tapped the number into my phone and called,

*Author’s POV*

“Hello?” he heard a female voice answer.

“Hey, I met you at the club last night.” Jack said, figuring that was what happened.

“Oh yeah, did you get home safe?” she asked.

“Huh? Why do you ask?” he asked, puzzled.

“I was the one who sent you home in the taxi last night,” she began, “I was trying to talk to you but you passed out after I gave you my number. So I had no choice but to help you out. I couldn’t just leave you there, passed out and drunk.” She explained.

“Oh really?” he hadn’t remembered any of it, “Well thanks, I appreciate it.”

“No problem, just did what I felt was right.” She supposed, “By the way, I didn’t get your name.”

“My name’s Jack and yours?”

“Emma.”

“So, wanna meet up?”

“Sure, how about the entrance of that theatre that just opened up downtown.” She suggested, “I heard that there’s also some kind of festival there.”

“Fine.”

“So let’s meet there at 4 o’clock?” she said, sounding a bit excited; he could hear her smiling through the phone.

“Yeah.” He said, and with that he hung up without another word. He didn’t care about politeness, even if she was the one who helped him get home last night. They would probably never speak again by the end of the month. He knew that she couldn’t replace Priya, nobody could.

He sniffed his clothing, it reeked of alcohol. Knowing that he couldn’t get out of the house smelling like this, he threw a clean set of clothing on instead. He quickly grabbed his keys and headed out the door. He opened up his basement garage to reveal about ten cars, parked row by row. Jack wandered into the garage casually to decide which one to drive for the day. He chose to go with the classic, black on black Lamborghini. Lazily jumping into the driver’s seat, he sped out of the garage.

“So what do you wanna do now?” Priya asked, looking up at Jeremy.

“I don’t know, I’m afraid that anything I eat or touch will possess me,” he said jokingly, “But seriously, that movie scared the crap out of me.”

She laughed, “Yeah, at least we didn’t watch it at night though.”

“I think we should stick to the small screen, at that crappy theatre at the mall.” He admitted.

“Yeah, there are way too many people at places like this,” she agreed, “at smaller places, we don’t need to worry about being quiet.”

They walked out of the theatre exit,