Going to Camp

Hey! It's PJO lover again!! I did say that my publishes would be irregular, right? So, on the same day (for me at least) I'll be posting this! (Or at least I hope so) So, let's get started, then?

Percy POV

I told Maria to get out while she still could- and I wasn't lying. Either I kill it now, or we're both dead manticore meat. And I couldn't let that happen. I mean, duh, who would want to die?!! Besides, I have important stuff to do after this. Like, bringing Maria to camp. Getting her claimed. And, well, seeing Annabeth. I knew she had questions, but I'll answer them later, after I finish killing this manticore. I jabbed at the manticore, but it deflected the blade with its tail. It shot a poison ball. I deflected it. Then I had an idea. A crazy idea, but it could work. It was worth a chance. Besides, I'm a risk-taker, right? Then I started advancing on the manticore. Dodging the poison balls as best as I can. One hit me in the shoulder, but I kept coming. Deflecting the balls, dodging them, but never stopping. Finally, I reached the manticore. I cut off its tail. The tail started growing back, and I knew I didn't have much time until the tail grew back again and started throwing the balls. The manticore's shock at my cutting his tail was my one and only opening. While the manticore was temporarily dazed, I stabbed it hilt-deep and it dissolved into monster dust. Good. I went outside the school, and sure enough, Maria was waiting for me. Then I saw it. A dracenae, attacking a mortal. A literal mortal. But how? Monsters never disturb mortals. What was happening?? Why were the monsters trying to kill mortals? We needed to get to CHB and tell Chiron what I saw NOW. The only way to get there... I summoned some water and made mist in the afternoon sunlight. "Oh Fleecy, do me a solid. Show me Nico di Angelo at Camp Half-Blood." I tossed in a drachma. "Nico! We need some help here! Can you come and get us to camp quickly?" Nico looked at Maria. "What? Where are you right now?" "Appleton Highschool! (A/n not a real school) Get us quick! I need to tell Chiron something!" I said as I sneaked up behind the monster and stabbing it, effectively turning it to dust and saving the mortal it was about to stab with its sword. Dracenae. Brings back memories of...of the Pit. But there wasn't time to relieve those memories. We had to go. Nico materialized in the nearest shadow. "Percy!" he called. "Come on!" "Yeah, need some help with transporting Maria to camp. She's new." He nodded. "Maria!" I called. She ran over. "Who's this?" I answered, "I'll explain later. For now, grab his hand." "What?" "Percy, we really need to go. I can sense that Maria's really powerful. 2 of the Big Three's kids plus her would make a great appetizer for monsters within a 2 mile radius." Nico said. "Alright. Maria, take his hand! Nico, get us out of here please." I took his outstretched hand and smirked. "I thought that I wasn't your type." was the last thing I said before the shadows enveloped us.

Hey, not so bad, hm? I'm quite satisfied. Like I said, I'll be updating irregularly. Meaning, whenever I felt like it. Or had the time. I will probs be doing a lot though, since I'm in quarantine and really BORED. Lol. Alright! Word count: 607 words.
-PJO lover