Part 1 The audition

Sabrina's POV:

Today is the day. I'm going to audition for the XFactor. My best friend made a secret video of me singing and send it to the Xfactor, and now I'm here.

My parents, friends and I walk into the XFactor building and I check in. I get a sticker with a long number on it and stick it on my trousers. We walk further and see a lot nervous looking people waiting for their turn. I also see a few cameras with interviewers, who interview the nervous people. I go sit on an empty spot and the rest follows me.

"What song are you going to sing?" Ivy, my best friend asks, she is the reason why I'm here. Ivy is blond with blue eyes and is 5,6 feet tall. She is really pretty, but she sees is not yet. "I'm not going to say anything and I already told you." I smile. "Damn you." She laughs at me. She is really curious about it. She asks it every minute, which is really annoying after one hour. "Why don't you want to tell us what you are going to sing?" My mother asks curious. "I want to surprise you, plus I don't want you to judge me about the song I chose." I say. "But we want to know!" Ivy childish says. "Nope!" I say popping on the P. In the meanwhile an interviewer walks up to us and looks at a list with names. "You are Sabrina, right?" He asks. "Yes, the one and only." I smile at him. "Great, I will ask you a few questions, okay?" "Sure." "Great, first question: How old are you and what are your hobbies?" He asks. "I'm 18 and I love to sing and to dance. But I also really like to play the guitar, piano and bass guitar." I say. "So you play a lot instruments, did you learn it yourself or did you have lessons?" He asks curiously. "I learned to play piano at school when I was 13 and I wanted to learn more. Later I started to sing and I wanted to play more instruments and since then I got guitar lessons and bass guitar lessons." I smile thinking of the songs I wrote when I was younger. I used to write a lot but because of collage and stuff, I couldn't do it anymore. I really miss it. "What song are you going to sing later today?" He asks. "I'm not going to say anything." I smirk at my parents and friends. "Well that's a shame, but next question: What does music or singing do or mean to you?" "When I sing or make music, I feel free, I can sing what I want and I forget about all the problems and I want to share that." I smile at the interviewer. "Okay, last question: What is your biggest dream?" He asks while looking into my eyes. "I really want to sold out concerts and have people that support me in everything I do." I say. "Thanks Sabrina for your time, I will see you before your performance." He says and walks away.

I get more nervous every minute that past. I'm happy that I didn't do the audition with guitar because I would forget everything, I guess. "Sabrina? It's your turn" A woman comes to me and takes me backstage. "Are you nervous?" She asks smiling. "Yes." I say. "Okay, don't worry I saw your audition tape and I think you are great, you have an amazing voice." She says. "Thank you, can I may have some water?" I ask, she nods and walks away. I look through some curtains and see a boy doing his audition. "Here you go." She says and handles me some water. "Thanks." I smile. "So what are you going to sing?" She asks while sitting down on a chair. "I'm going to do Let It Go by Demi Lovato." I smile. "That's a great song! But also really hard." She says. "I know but I practiced a lot." I say while taking a sip of the water. She nods. I walk to a mirror and see myself in it. I put a lock hair behind my ear and look at myself. I have brown hair and green eyes, I don't wear a lot make up but today my mother told me that if you don't wear make up, you look pale on tv, so now I have more make up on my face but not to much. I walk away and go sit on a chair close to the stage. I listen to the voices on stage, I hear Simon talking with the candidate. I look through a few curtains and see Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Cheryl Cole en Mel B. The candidate starts singing and I see Simon look very serious and not amused. Cheryl looks if her ears are hurting. I can't hear candidate but I don't think he is good. I don't hope the judges are so strict when I'm on stage. I take an other sip from my water and try to calm down. I'm so nervous but I also want to enjoy for the moment that I can do an audition for the XFactor. I get more nerves about thinking of it. "Listen Sabrina, you can do this." The woman says while smiling at me. "Thank you." I smile back. "What's your name by the way?" I add. "Nina." She says. She walks away and I just sit there with my nerves and my water. I drink the last sip from the water and sing through the lyrics. "Hi Sabrina, Oh I'm sorry, but you can go." She says with a sorry look because she interrupts me. "Thank you." I stand up and follow Nina to the stage. A man gives me a microphone. "Wait for the sign, then you can walk to the spot in the middle on the stage. I hold the microphone close to me and wait for the sign. The man gives me a sign and I walk to the stage. It feels like everything goes in slow motion. The audients claps for me and the judges look up from their paperwork. I can see everyone in the public, although of the show lights. I go standing on the spot and look at the judges, which makes me more nervous. "Hi, What's your name and how old are you?" Cheryl asks. "Hi, I'm Sabrina and I'm 18." I smile trying not to sound nervous. "Are you nervous Sabrina?" She asks. "Yeah." I laugh. "Don't worry, you will do fine." She smiles at me. "Thank you." I smile back at her, while loosing my nerves by talking with Cheryl. "What are you going to sing for us?" She finally asks. "Let it go by Demi Lovato." I say. "Great, goodluck." She says and the audience claps. The music starts playing and I start singing.

Let it go
Let it go
Can't hold you back anymore
Let it go
Let it go
Turn my back and slam the door

The snow blows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation and it looks like I'm the Queen
The wind is howling like the swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I tried

Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl
You always had to be
Conceal, don't feel
Don't let them know
Well, now they know

Let it go
Let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go
Let it go
Turn my back and slam the door
And here I stand, and here I'll stay
Let it go
Let it go
The cold never bothered me anyway

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
Up here in the cold thin air
I finally can breathe
I know I left a life behind but I'm to relieved to grieve

Let it go
Let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go
Let it go
Turn my back and slam the door
And here I stand
And here I'll stay
Let it go
Let it go
The cold never bothered me anyway

Standing frozen in the life I've chosen
You won't find me, the past is so behind me
Buried in the snow

Let it go
Let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go
Let it go
Turn my back and slam the door
And here I stand
And here I'll stay
Let it go
Let it go
The cold never bothered me anyway

The music stops and I get a standing ovation for the audience. O My God even the judges stands up from their chairs. They go sit again and I try to hold my tears inside. This is amazing. "Sabrina! That was amazing!" Cheryl says. "The way you stand at the stage, the emotion you have when you sing Let it go, just amazing." She adds and I widely smile at her. "I just want to add, that your voice is beautiful." Simon says. "Thank you so much!" I say happily. "Yes or no, Louis?" He asks. "Definitely Yes!" Louis says excited. "Yes or no, Cheryl?" Simon asks again. "1000% yes!" Cheryl smiles at me. "Yes or no, Mel?" Simon asks for the third time. "Sabrina, I would love to see you again. So that's a yes." She says at me. "And also a yes for me, 4 yesses. We see you in the next round Sabrina." Simon says and the audience starts clapping and cheering for me. I bow and walk of stage. "O My God Sabrina! I told you!" Nina comes up to my while smiling widely. "Sabrina you were brilliant!" She adds. "Thank you so so much!" I say. I can't stop smiling. I'm so happy right now.