Chapter Six

When Mangle woke, two men stood infront of her. One was the manager and the other was the mechanic.

They were talking quietly before Mangle turned on, but now they were staring at her.

"Well, she's as good as new." the mechanic said.

She looked at her hands and feet and smiled happily as She saw they were no longer a mob of wires.

"How ya feelin, Mangle?" The manager asked.

"Great!" Mangle responded.

"Good, you'll start performing again tomorrow."

"But what if they rip me apart again?" She sighed.

The manager shook his head. "Then we'll see about fixing you. But I can't keep wasting so much money."

Mangle nodded sadly and they both walked out.

***
Freddy's show ended, and the kids ran over to the cove.

Mangle didn't come out.

"Where is she?"

"Do you think she's mad cause other kids ripped her apart?"

"I saw what looked like a.. fixer guy walk out."

Mangle smiled a little at 'fixer guy'.
She finally had enough courage to pull the curtains back and step into the stage.

"What do you want to do today my friends?" Mangle asked.

"Let's play tag!"

"No, we played that yesterday! I wanna play soccer!"

"How are we gonna play soccer? There's no room!"

"We-"

"Now, now, kids." Mangle said sweetly. "we need to play something we all agree on. How about a scavenger hunt?"

The children cheered as Mangle continued. "You need to close your eyes while I hide candy, no peeking!"

They all closed their eyes and Mangle ran to the prize corner, where a lot of the candy was.

"Hey Marionette." Mangle said as she grabbed a small bucket of candy.

He waved back, since he didn't have a voice box to talk. He pointed to the bucket of candy she had and shrugged.

"Oh, a scavenger hunt for the kiddies. I'm trying to keep them occupied so they don't get the idea to rip me apart again..."

The Marionette nodded and hugged her. She smiled and hugged him back before he slithered back to his box and cranked the handle on his music box.