Part 8 - huh?

Sawamura Pov

One second I'm warm and contently sleeping the next I'm on the floor with a wince, I open my eyes seeing that it's pitch black in the room and there is no alarm going off. Why am I awake and on the floor? I sit up as I look at Miyuki on my bed expecting him to be awake and snickering at how he pushed me off the bed or that I fell, instead I see a slightly thrashing Miyuki who looks distraught. I stand up on the wooden frame of the bunks before pulling the covers back off of Kuramochi and Kominato, they both groan sleepily. "There is something wrong with Miyuki," I say and Kuramochi sits up looking at me and then at Kominato who is glaring at Kuramochi's through slit eyes.

"What's happened?" He asks climbing out of the covers and then awkwardly pulling them over Kominato, "he's thrashing his sleep," Kuramochi's eyes widen, he jumps off the bed and turns on the light. He rushes over to Miyuki before jumping on the frame of the bed, "Ryo! You need to wake up! Miyuki is having one of those dreams again!" I look at his back confused. One of those dreams again? Has he had a dream like this before?

Kominato jumps out of the covers and down the ladder before standing next to Kuramochi, "what do we do?" Kominato asks and Kuramochi looks at him, "I have no idea, the only person that was able to calm him down last time was the coach," Ryo perks up at that. "Should I go look for him?" He says and Kuramochi nods his head, "he's the only one I've seen that can calm him down," I look around scared, the coach will likely ask why Miyuki and Kominato were in here. I look at Miyuki who is mumbling something quickly and quietly. I kneel down beside the bed looking at him before going to stand up, "don't take her! Take me!" he screams as he grabs my wrist holding it tightly, he starts screaming loudly like he is in the worst imaginable pain as tears slightly gall from underneath his eye mask. I quickly reach over, taking the eye mask off knowing that it could make this situation worse. He let's go of my wrist when I take the eye mask off but his screams continue without tears though, his screams are getting louder and more painful.

I crouch by the bed again this time grabbing his hand while whispering soothingly, "it's going to be okay, " the door opens as I continue saying that rubbing circles on the back of his hands. The coach walks over and puts a hand on my shoulder as if telling me to stand up, I shake my head while rubbing circles on Miyuki's hands before I hear him starting to cry while screaming, I sit on my bed pulling Miyuki towards me, I place his ear over my heart, "Mikki, listen to my heartbeat. I'm here for you, remember, " I say in his other ear as he stops kicking and thrashing, his breathing is ragged but he starts hugging me slightly.

"Eijun..." he says quietly as his voice broke slightly, "I'm here, I'll always be here," I say rubbing his back and looking at the coach who is standing there arms crossed. "Seems you didn't need my help... why are Miyuki and Kominato in this room he asks and Kuramochi laughs nervously, "we had a team get together earlier. Miyuki and Ryo fell asleep on the floor so we gave them our beds and slept on the other bed so they would be comfortable and wouldn't freak out if they woke up in the same bed.

The coach laughs a bit, "no need to lie Kuramochi, I already know about you and Kominato... But... I'm a bit surprised about them, " he says pointing at us and I look at him with my head tilted slightly. "I would never expect those two together, " he says before leaving our dorm room towards his office. We hear knocking on the door and Kuramochi starts to walk over. The door swings open with the majority of the team and third years standing there with anger and concern etched on their faces.

Everyone walks in asking Kuramochi a ton of questions at once. I'm still on the bed saying soothing words and hugging Miyuki, he starts crying again and I start humming a melody my mum used to him when I had a nightmare. Kuramochi shouts at everyone, "shut the hell up! I know you're concerned but fuck... can you turn the volume down a little!" Everyone falls silent as I continue humming and the sound of Miyuki crying envelopes the room. "Don't let them see me crying..." he says with his voice cracking with a sob.

I hush him pulling him even closer hiding his face from everyone. The first years on the team are shocked at probably the fact that Miyuki was the one screaming. Kominato stands next to Kuramochi, "we all know this hasn't happened in nearly two years. Something must have brought back the memories that cause this..." the second and third years nod as I continue humming and start singing a few of the lyrics to help soothe him, everyone looks at me as I sing some of the song and Miyuki's sobs seize and he hugs me lighter. He moves his head to my neck resting his forehead on my shoulder. He starts breathing steadily and starts to fall asleep slowly and his hold on me slackens.

I look over at Kuramochi and he nods his head probably knowing that I have this under control now. He ushers everyone out of the room while doing a shooing motion as they all file out of our dorm room. Kuramochi turns off the light sighing, "make sure he is okay when you both wake up," he says sluggishly climbing onto his bunk with Kominato right behind them, after a couple of minutes, I hear quiet snores and the sound of someone pulling another closer before they fall asleep as well. I sit still hugging a sleeping Miyuki. What could cause a nightmare like that? It was far worse than any nightmare I've had...

****
I groan slightly as I feel something practically crushing me. "Do you ever wake up to your alarm?" Miyuki says teasingly, I open one eye seeing him lying over my chest turning off the alarm. He looks over at me with his glasses on, he climbs off of me and sits looking at me. I pull him towards me, he is inches away from my face, "are you okay? That nightmare you had really scared me," I say with concern in my eyes, he looks away from me causing me to pin him to the bed and force him to look at me. "What caused that Mikii? I really don't want to see you so broken again," he looks at me in the eyes, "I'm sorry Sawamura but I can't tell you here... not with two nosy people listening in on this.

I hear someone hit another and someone groaning in pain, "what was that for Ryo! It wasn't my fault! Miyuki is just far too clever for his own good!" I laugh slightly at them coming off of Miyuki. I realise what I was doing before and I blush furiously... "oh my god! I'm so sorry Miyuki! I did mean to!" I jump off the bed pacing a little panicked and flustered. I'm such an idiot...

Do you think their school day will be boring or filled with confusion... I hope you all enjoyed this part, just remember this is my first fanfiction so it will likely be rubbish in many ways...