Chapter 2 - Back Stage

Mai still had an astonished look on her face, she's probably still a bit upset from me getting the pass instead of her. I wish I could give it to her I really do, but I can't... I know that sounds silly but you'll understand sooner or later. I turn left and right watching all the fans of this amazing teenage boy band go crazy; screaming, jumping with their signs that say "I Love Zayn", even crying. I'm not sure why they're crying; maybe a happy cry. About that the fact that they're actually here. Thats probably what Mai will do next since she's so sensitive when it comes to her dreams. So yeah, this is one of her true dreams... Being able to come to a One Direction concert. 

 I guess I do feel kind of bad about not giving her the back stage pass. I'll give it to her at the end of the concert so she can have the best birthday present ever. I stare at the stage; wondering what it would really be like to meet each and everyone of those hot super stars. Harry, Zayn, Liam, Louis, and Niall. But actually meeting Niall... thats my dream; literally. It wasn't too long ago, as I recall it was about me bumping into him by mistake at a hotel; a hotel I wouldn't even be able to afford. We ended up getting to know each other and then he tried leaning in for a kiss... That’s when I woke up.

 Someone taps on my shoulder, "Rosie look, I think they're about to go on!" Mai shouts to me.

"Ohh my gosh, yay!" I yell back to her with a smile. 

The music starts, and just when I think the girls couldn't get any louder they prove me wrong in a matter of seconds. They start of the concert with "Last First Kiss"; one of the best songs ever by them! Me and Mai have the time of our lives rocking out and enjoying the music. My eyes closed, my hands clapping to the beat, feet thumping to the rhythm and all thoughts left behind. About two hours pass (of amazing music) so I try to tell Mai about having the back stage pass. 

 "Mai?!" I yell trying to get her attention (and stop drooling). 

She turns, then answers "Yeah?"

"Come with me to the restroom?" I ask to lour her into giving her the pass. She rolls her eyes and sighs while taking a look at the stage one last time. She gets up and as do I. She follows my steps to the door and I turn to stop her the moment the door closed behind her. 

"What is it now?" She asked slightly upset.

"I wanted to give you the back stage pass..." I cut myself off because I know I really wanted it as well.

Her facial expression goes blank, "Really? You dont have to - what the hell am I saying? Thank you so much!" 

I knew she would be happy, "Haha you’re welcome..."

"Ohh my gosh the concert ends in an half hour.. I have to doll myself up!" She yells eagarly while running her face into one of the mirrors.

"Doll up?" I say in confusion yet sarcasm.

"You know, make myself look sexy!" She answers.

I laugh; then stand in front of the mirror next to her. I always admired her looks; she was so much prettier than I was. Her long straight black hair would flow in the wind, and her grey eyes would blend with the night. While I had on silly glasses from 1954' and they would block my dark brown/green eyes. I had long dark brown wavy (basically curly) hair. The only physical trait we had in common was our strong jaw line which tended to compliment my eyes (I dont know why) and her long hair. She was also a bit taller than me, or should I say, I was a bit shorter than her. 

 She put on lip stick and blush while I put on lip bomb and cleaned my glasses. I took out a piece of spearmint gum and she took out double mint (the mouth has the most attention; usually).

"Okay, where's the pass?" She asked with a grin on her face.

I dig in my sweater pocket. It's not there! "Ohh uhhm, hold on..." I hesitated, so she knows I lost it. 

"What?! You cant find it?! " She screams. 

I start to scramble through my hand bag and other pockets but its not there. Mai is just watching me with the meanest expression. "Ohh my gosh, of course you lost it! Thanks for screwing it all up for me!" 

I start to get mad, (Did I mention I have a short temper?) "Look, you should be happy I'm giving you the fucking ticket anyway!" My heart begins to pump fast so I take a deep breath, close my eyes and try to think of a happy place. Ohh wait I am in a happy place... I'm at one of my favorite boy bands' concert but someone wanted to have an attitude over a simple mistake. Although Mai is use to these mood swings of happiness to anger.

Mai sighs, "Never mind then.. Keep your pass..." 

She walks out the restroom leaving nothing behind but the draft from the door closing. The small draft pushes the ticket from under the sink. I must have dropped it on my way in. I think to myself, well she said keep the pass. And thats what Im going to do.