Chapter 7 - Thanks A lot

I laugh. "So you guys are dating or what?" Mai asks.

I can say I am not excited to tell her everything. The last time I told her something like this it was about my brother and she practically told the whole world. Adam was pretty pissed after that. Nevertheless we are best friends and we have gone though small fights like this... "Sort of, I'm suppose to go to a party with him tomorrow and- " someone cuts me off.

"Go to a party with whom?" Says my mother standing behind my room door.

"Ohh, uhmm..." What do I say? If I tell her about me meeting someone at the hotel she'll suspect something happened. "My friend, Na- Nate."

"Nate... ?" Mai repeats.

"Yes, Nate. He texted me yesterday a few minutes after the concert." I tell my mother with slight hesitation.

My mother licks her lips and squints her eye's, "Uhh huh... Is Mai invited?"

"Well actually-"

"Yes." Mai says to my mother then winking to me. Why the hell did she just do that? My mother nods her head and walks away while saying, "Try getting home by yourself this time." I turn to Mai with an annoyed look.

"what?" Mai says with a laugh at the end.

"Ugh. If you really want to go, don't embarrass me in front of any of them..."

"Sure. Now all we need are a couple of cocktail dresses. No?"

I give her a sigh and roll my eyes, "I guess."

Mai stands up and picks up my purse then hands it to me. "Charge you phone while we're gone, we'll can take my car." I nod my head and put my phone on the charger. We walk out of the room and into the living room and grab my coat. My father is still on the couch, "Father I'm going out, tell mother i'll be back in a minute." He sighs and says, "Yeah..." without making eye contact. Mai and I walk out the front door and into the car; Mai forgot her purse; she came back and pulled out the driveway with a huge smile... For some reason.

~Time Skip~

Mai was texting the entire time we were looking for dresses and every time I'd ask who it was all she said was "A new friend." I bought a short long sleeve burgundy dress with crystals on them of warped swirls. Mai's was three times shorter than mine, strapless, and black with ruffles; we both bought plain black pumps... I hope we're not dressed too reveling. We get back to my house and into my room. I notice my phone isn't on the charger. "Have you seen my phone Mai?" I turn to her.

She nods her head yes then pulls it out of her pocket. "I charged it in the car. Ohh and someone texted you... I wrote them back for you." I stare at her with perplexity. Who was she talking to? And why didn't she tell me? I snatch my phone from her hand and begin to go through my messages.

'Unknown Number': Hi, It's Niall. I forgot I had your number. (He texted me!?)

Me(Mai): Ohh, right... I completely forgot about you.

'Unknown Number': Oh, well are you still coming to the party tomorrow night? I wanted to show you something.

Me(Mai): Mhnm... Maybe, but if I do I'm bringing a friend. It would be kind of a drag if it was just me and you.

'Unknown Number': Okay? Are you all right? You seem a bit different since last night.

Me(Mai): No I'm perfectly fine but ooh yeah... last night was sort of a mistake.

'Unknown Number': Ohh... I understand. Goodbye.

"Why the fuck did you tell him that!" My blood is boiling.. I'm so angry right now. Mai's face turns pale and she puts her hands up as surrender yet with an obvious fake smile.