Learning More

Bella's POV

After we got a bit away from the guild, Kim wanted to walk, so Leo put her down, but she still held his hand. I saw this and chuckled to myself 

Kim as found a way into his heart, as did he.

We continue walking towards the town, as we started to walk through it I felt little fingers around my hand. I looked back and saw Kim was hold both Leo and I hands. A large smile played her face as she walked, a smile covering my face as well.

What a sweet girl.

I looked at Leo, who was looking at Kim as well, a smile playing his face as well. His hazel eyes then found mine and I quickly looked in front of me, in hope he didn't see me staring at him.

I hope he didn't see me staring.

As we got closer to the river that ran beside the town, I smelled Kim's scent again.

We're getting closer to her home.

Then we came upon a small stone cottage with flower bed in front of the windows. A woman was looking around the and finally her eyes landed on Kim. She had pink hair, brown eyes, and tan skin. The woman looked to be in her late 30's and seem to be wear typical clothes for a woman of her age. Her scent was also similar to Kim's, so that meant the two were at least related. 

"Mommy!" Kim yelled as she dashed towards the woman 

The woman quickly started to run towards Kim as well, them meeting in the middle with a hug. Tears being shed from both of them.

"Oh, Kim, we were so worried about you. Daddy went out to find you but couldn't. " The mother said as she started to pets Kim's head

Her father, I hope he's back.

"Is he back now?" I asked with a great amount of concern in my voice 

The mother looked at me, rising from the her spot. Kim still held her mother hand as she stood.

"Mommy, this is the lovely woman who saved me and got me back to you." Kim said 

Her mother looked at her daughter as she spoke, but once she stopped, her eyes traveled to me. Then tears started to fall as she pull me into a hug.

"Thank you for taking care of our little girl." She whispered into my ear

My heart started to melt as I smiled, wrapping my arms around her.

"It's not a problem ma'am. I would have want the same thing to happen to my child if this ever happened." I said as I pulled away, wiping the tears off her checks

Then I heard the some of footsteps come from the house as a male came out.

"What's going on? Did Kim come back?" The male asked

The male had brown hair, blue eyes, and tan skin. He too looked to be in his late 30's, also smelling similar to Kim and her mother. He first saw Leo and I, then his eyes moved to Kim and his mother. The man gasped as he started to run over to Kim, picking her up and hugging her.

"Oh, my little flower, you're back!" he said 

Kim started to laugh a bit as his wife started to cry again, joining her husband and daughter. My heart started to hurt a bit as it reminded me of what a real family was suppose to look and act like. Kim's mother then walked over to us, giving a hug to me and then Leo, pulling away shortly after.

"I wish there was something we could give you as a token of gratitude." The mother said 

I smiled as a tear fell from my eye. I quickly wiped it away before holding my hands out.