Telling the truth

Leo's POV

Bella removed her hands from the water and I was in shock as I saw the ice on her fingertips.

What the hell?

"It's fine, not due to the water." She quickly said

I was stunned as I held her hands, watching the ice melt off her finger-tips. 

"What magic is this? This isn't normal ice-make magic." I said, keeping my eyes on her hands

Bella sighed as she rested her hands in mine.

"That because that's not ice-make magic." She said 

I quickly looked at her face in shock.

What.

"The magic I have is a lost magic, ice dragon slayer magic. My mother taught it to me." She said as she pulled her hands towards her 

I let her hands go and rested my hands to my side.

"So why use ice-make magic then?" I asked 

Bella sighed as she hopped up to the island, being taller then I, so I leaned against the island next to her. She then grabbed her wine glass and took a slip, before holding it out to me. As she did, she raised an eyebrow, to say "want some" wordlessly. I chuckled as I took it, taking a slip.

"I use ice-maker magic to cover the fact that I use ice dragon slayer magic, a lost magic, from my father." Bella said as she took the wine glass from me

Right, Bob did say Crystal was blackmail into marrying Ivan and giving him children. Crystal doesn't want Bella to go through the same thing she did.

We were quiet before Bella sighed again, placing the wine glass on her knee.

"Yeah, my mother was sent off to Ivan by my own grandfather. Then Ivan forced my mother to have his children." Bella said as she held the glass up in the air, ice crystals spending across the glass

Wow, it looks pretty.

Bella then placed the wine glass in the sink before hopping off the island. It looked like all joy had been pull from her body and seeing her like this, hurt my heart.

Oh, Bella, this isn't the really you.

Then I took a chance. I stepped towards her, Bella turning towards me, and I placed my arms around her, hugging her tight. 

Bella's POV

I hopped off the island and looked at Leo, who was just trying to take in all that I told him.

Well, I told him. My biggest secrets in my life and I told him it. What is he going to think about me now?

As I sat in my own thoughts, I felt arms around me, pulling me in and holding me tight. The scent of Leo filling my nose, which for some reason, grounded me and gave me a sense of safety. 

Why does he make me feel so save?

Then I wrapped my arms around his chest, burying my face into his chest, listening to his heart beat. The stead beat was almost therapeutic to me. As we stood there, I felt his hand starting to rub my back, which felt good coming from him even though my mother did the same thing many times before. 

How did he break my walls so quickly?

Leo then pulled away, looking down at me and pushing hair off my face.

"You okay now?" He asked 

I nodded before resting my head against his hand.

"Yeah, thank you for listening to me." I said 

For once in my life, I felt safe with someone other than my mother. 

"I heard you turn 16 soon." Leo said 

I chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah, and then I'm going." I said 

Mom and I talked about this. My plan is to left on my 16th birthday and leave this house.

Leo looked confused and shocked at the same time. 

"What?" He asked 

I sighed as I giggled a bit, because of his face looking like a little kid. As I did, I saw Leo's face heated up and I smiled.

I think he's fallen for me as well.

"Yeah, I'm running away from here and living a free life from my father's eyes." I said with pride

Leo smiled for a bit before chuckling a little, as he started to pet my cheek with his thumb, which felt nice. After a bit, he dropped his hand and sighed, sliding them into his pocket.

"Well, I better get back to the spirit world." He said in a sad tone 

I smiled, giving him a playful punch.

"Hey, maybe we can hang out another time. Just you and me, sound good?" I asked 

Leo chuckled, smiling back at me.

"Yeah, I would love that." He said 

Then he disappeared, going back to the spirit world.