A Hard Fight

Bella's POV

After that night, Leo and I started to spend a lot of time together. We often hung out in the church, waiting for Karen to terminate their contracts, but she wasn't having it. She would always come and try to reason with him to be her spirt, but it never worked. Of course, I was slowly warming up to the idea of going to Fairy Tail, my grandfather's guild, in hopes to put my pain in the past. There are two ways to deal with pain, run from it or learn from it. I've been running from it for the past two years, and I'm finally ready to face it head on.

It was a normal day, I had done a job early in the morning, so I was heading back to the church to check on Leo before going out for another job. As I walked up to the door of the church, I heard yelling and the scent of Karen filled my nose.

This bitch again! What is she trying to do now!

"If you truly felt remorse then you would go ahead and free us from our contracts," Leo heard say in a weak tone

Oh on, the human world is taking a toll on him.

Then as I opened the door, I heard a grunt from Leo.

"Why won't you just die already, huh?" Karen yelled as I stood in the door way

Karen was looming over him, kicking Leo over and over again. He just sat there, taking the abuse, which caused my blood to boil and my body started to move on it own. I dash towards them, putting myself between Leo and Karen, pushing her down. She fell to the ground as I loomed over her, a look of pure horror coving her face.

"How dare you!" I boomed, my voice echoing off the stone of the church 

I smell the fear oozing from Karen as I lead over her.

"You are the most awful excess for a Celestial Sprit Mage! You use your sprits as tools, they are humans like you and me!" I yelled 

The horror soon left her body as she rolled her eyes.

"Brat." She whispered

My mind snapped at the moment, my hand got covered in ice as I reached for her neck. Then I lifted her into the air, Karen fighting me in hope I would let her go. I laughed at her and her eyes soon filled with horror again.

Perfect. fear, the greatest tool know to man.

"Please, put her down. It's not worth it." Leo said 

I froze as his words rang in my head. As I did, I saw the confusion in Karen's face.

"You're lucky Leo can calm me down, because if he wasn't sitting right there." I said as I pointed at him behind him. "I would have your head on a spike and your keys would be given to someone who cares about their sprits."

Then I dropped Karen, her body hitting the brick floor as her face was ghost white, staring up at me.

"Get running before I change my mind." I said in a creepy tone

Karen gasped, trying to get up as quickly as she could, running out of the church. Then I turned to Leo, who was hold the side Karen kicked, which broke my heart.

Oh, Leo, I wish I could free you guys. I can't stand this.

I made up way over, kneeling down in front of him. He watched me as he sighed, still holding his side.

"You okay dear?" I asked

He turned red a bit, which confused me but then it clicked. I cleared my throat as I looked at the ground. Leo did the same before groaning.

Oh no

"Let me see." I said as I stared at the area he was holding 

Leo sighed as he removed his jacket, a look of pain covering his face. This broke my heart even more as he started to loosen his tie. Then he unbuttoned his dress shirt and that when I saw how bad it was. There was a large red mark in the middle of his side, probably bruising his ribs as well.