A Night Chat

Leo's POV

After months of abuse, I finally stood up to Karen for Aries and I. I told her to terminate our contracts. Of course, she didn't like that one bit and challenge me. She thought I came on her magic and that after three days I would be force back to the sprit world, but I would. I came on my own magic, but that also means my life forces is draining everyday while I'm in the human world, although I don't care. Night had fallen as I headed to the hill where the church was at the peck to wait for Karen to terminate our contacts. 

I can't believe I finally did it, I stood up to her, but now we wait.

 As I reached the peck, I felt a cold gust of wind hit me.

Wow, it's cool up here, I thought it was going to be nice tonight.

Once at the peck, I saw a figure standing in the middle of the lake.

What the hell, who's standing on the water?

As I got closer, I saw it was Bella standing in the middle of the lake on a piece of ice with a small bridge from the shore.

What is she doing out here? I thought she was visiting her grandfather's guild?

Bella stood there for a few minutes before letting out a loud roar. The power behind it showed how much pain she was in, which hurt my heart just hearing it. Then she stomped on the ice she stood on, causing water to fly up into the air. Bella's hands quickly shot in front of her, freezing the water where it stood. I was stunned by how quickly the water froze. She stood there for a few seconds before yelling again, throwing her hand in front of her. Then the large ice structure turning into snowflakes, causing them to falling and landing into Bella's black hair, like stars in a galaxy .

Wait, I don't think she had her hand incased in ice to punch that. I think she did that with a bare fist. Damn, I wouldn't want to piss her off.

I slowly made my way over to her, so I didn't scare her, which would probably cause her to attack me. Bella still had her back to me as I made my way to the shore of the lake. I then stood there and waited for her to smell me, but I had a feeling she was so deep in her emotions that her senses were shut off.

"Bella?"

Bella's head then whipped around, her eyes quickly finding me. Her blue eyes looked tried, red, and puffy, as if she hadn't stopped cry for hours.

Oh no, the meeting must have gone back.

Worry covered my face and Bella saw this as she made her way back to me. Once on the shore, Bella didn't want to make eye contact with me, just staring at the ground, which worried me more. I quickly touched her cheek, pull her face up. She allowed this, her head coming up as I lifted it. Bella and I locked eyes before she sighed. Then she wrapped herself around my chest, holding me tight. I sighed as I quickly returned to the hug, holding her tight.

"It's okay."

Bella exhaled slowly as I held her. She was always safe with me, I never knew why, but I didn't care at this point. She needed someone to hug her and tell me it would be okay. I felt like I was the only person who could do that, but I could never say why that was, I just knew I had to do it. After what felt like hours, Bella's grip loosen, causing me to let her go and take a step back, so that I could she her face. She started to wipe her eyes as she exhaled. I smiled at her, in hopes to make her smile, which worked. A smile returned to her face soon after.

"Feel better?" I asked

Bella nodded her head yes and I smiled.

"Good, how did it go with your grandfather?" I asked