One

Vegeta panted as he wiped the blood from his chin. He stared across the desert at his rival whose golden hair was waving wildly in the hot air. He was smiling.

Of course that idiot was- when was he not smiling?

Vegeta snarled as he allowed his power to drift down with his deep auburn hair taking over the gold.

"I'm done."

Goku rolled his eyes as he too returned to his base form. "What is it now?" He snarked as he walked towards his rival.

Vegeta shot him a deadly glare and turned away from Goku with his arms crossed. "I'm done for today- you're just playing games now." He responded. His voice was cold without even a trace of affection.

"I'm not just your entertainment."

Goku rested his hands on his hips and furrowed his brow. He circled the smaller saiyan until he was looking him in the eyes. "Why have you been so moody lately, Vegeta?" He puckered his bottom lip slightly, "More so than usual, anyway."

The older man raised his eyebrow with anger and stepped away so he did not look at Goku in the face. "I haven't been! Even so, it would be none of your business." He replied, once again with the same icy tone. He glanced up at the dusk sky to stare at the moon and the stars.

The sky made him think. He'd been across the galaxy and even to Otherworld- Vegeta sighed quietly.

Goku's face softened slightly; although Vegeta's constant bad mood wore on him occasionally he did not like to see his friend in such a sour mood. He stepped over beside the man and looked up at the sky as well.

"Vegeta." He began, "Just so you know-"

"Can it, Kakarot." Vegeta hissed as he turned his eyes to the taller man, "I don't need your pity. I don't need your vague words of kindness." He wavered his hands in a mocking manner.

Goku sighed loudly in exasperation, "Yeah yeah sure. Whatever then. Sorry I care." His tone was childish and pouting.

Vegeta snarled angrily and shoved Goku hard. He stumbled back and frowned.

"Piss off." He said before blasting away back to his home; leaving Goku in the dust.