D.O - Over Again

It’s hard to go through a day when you’re feeling pretty much in a slump and everything feels like it’s a whole clump of mess and aha, that’s your life. You woke up late for work, you’re rushing all over the place and it’s a complete disaster when you’ve barely washed up properly but there is no time for that. You look alright and you’re out of the door, past the kitchen and a voice is holding you back and shit, you forgot that he prepared breakfast the moment you’ve made a ruckus to reach the bathroom.

“Eat this during break,” He smiles, handing you a paper bag and you feel like utter crap when usually it’s supposed to be the other way around. He shakes his head and cups your chin, bringing you close and you feel how sweet his lips taste because of that pancake topped with maple syrup he managed to eat whilst whipping another hot batch for you to take away. You grin automatically when his teeth scrapes on your bottom lip, the smoothness of his full lips on yours makes it harder for you to leave but he’s the one putting it all to a halt too soon when his tongue slides almost too carefully on yours to let you taste the sweetness of maple and then he lets you go.

You blink at him and then you’re asking, “Where am I?”

He laughs and gives you a light tap on your bottom, “Go! You’re late!”

And with a cursed laugh, you’re out of the door, slightly happier and less grumpy because Kyungsoo’s kisses were the perfect description of how it feels like to taste heaven.

It’s time for lunch and you’re pretty sure it’s about that time when everyone on your floor is leaving their cubical. They offer to take you out with them, they threaten to switch off your power supply but when you glare at them and dare them to do it, they know that you have work to finish and decide maybe they could buy something back for you instead—like that muffin you like at the bakery down the block. What you expect is your tummy to grumble because it’s been four to five hours since your meal but nothing is happening just yet.

When you reach towards the end of composing your email, the sensation hits and well, now you’re hungry.

Maybe if you’re quick, you can catch your mates in that restaurant they’re always at but when you reach the sidewalk, you’re all saucers when he grins at you. He waves and then jogs up to you. He frames your cheeks in his hands delicately and he focuses on kissing the life out of you before he lures you to the side just to do it even longer than before. You find yourself being able to shove him away when the senses kick in and you’re staring at him, part in disbelief, mostly in happiness.

“W-What are you…? How—“

“Practice doesn’t begin until three because of the final steps we need to learn, so lunch is on me,” He’s all smiles and your hand meets his too quick and he’s dragging you down to your favorite pizza place and there’s no way you can say no. And with that extra kiss he adds in, it’s impossible to reject his offer.

It’s closing up time and you feel yourself being dragged down to hell when you’re the one closing up for the night. You groan and try not to throw a fit because your boss is inches away and you accept the keys that he places on the table. You swear that if he checks back the surveillance cameras, you’re fucked because the look on your face is death-like and it could cost you your job. But you don’t really care when it’s an hour past and Kyungsoo’s already texting you if you’re on the way home or not.

You answer him that you’re about to close up and meet him at home and he replies with a cute alright, sweetie!

So what you expect is to walk home alone, right?

How wrong you were.

There he’s standing by the bench, all clad in a simple v-neck and jeans that it shouldn’t he possible for someone to look so handsome like that but he does—and it’s making your heart beat twice as fast. You’re dumbfounded when you walk up to him and he still has that smile on his face—the same one whenever he sees his world walking up to him. He holds you by your hand, he slips his fingers between the spaces of yours and the two of you start on the journey back and you’re wondering if this is real life or not.

He decides that words are not enough and he covers your lips with his once more. He takes them between his teeth and you’re sighing in bliss, wanting more and he’s giving everything to you when you feel his tongue slip in, his arm swooping around your waist to pull you closer and home seems like it’s so far away that you two settle to hiding by the small alleyway just for a bit to catch up for the missed presence of one another throughout the day.

You’re blushing when he mentions that people could’ve seen the two of you making out by the streets and you’re burying your face in his chest, feeling the blanket keeping you warm but you knew that’s not all. His arms are around you securely, in the dark you can see him grinning and it’s true when your eyes meet the moment you tilt your chin up. You mumble something about him being unable to control himself in public and he agrees, “So what? I like kissing you—it… I just like it,”

You smile and he holds you in closer, “I like it too,”

He does what you like again, over and over again until you’re seeing stars and falling into a deep slumber in which you dream of the galaxies that he gives to you and it’s more than you can ever ask for. And when asked if you’re willing to go through it all again, you reply that you’d live like this every day for the rest of your life.