2 - Ophelia

This one is a bit different. It's from a scene in 'Pan's Labyrinth' - a war/fantasy film. We were given 3 sentences, and had to improve them. The sentences given will be in italics.

Ophelia heard a sound.

Ophelia's small frame shot out of bed as the outlandish fluttering of wings disrupted her slumber.

She was scared.

Her hastened breath latched onto her throat. "Madre, Madre, wake up!" Her voice quivered as she longed to feel the comfort of her mother.

She followed the fairy outside.

She froze, as the insect settled onto the scattered sheets, captivating the young girl. Limbs tore through the makeshift cocoon of an insect, revealing a scrubby gremlin, who proceeded to sprout wings in a whirlpool of black and gold. Ophelia exhaled, releasing a breath she didn't know she was holding, before a low chuckle escaped her lips. The elegant creature gestured for her to follow, before ascending towards the window, which lay agape. With as much grace as she could muster, her petite frame clambered out of bed (as to not wake her Madre), hissing as her bare soles made contact with the crisp floor.

That's it. Not much really, and I really need to improve. I didn't get to finish Pan's Labyrinth, but it's quite interesting. I definitely recommend (it's in Spanish, so you'll need subtitles).

22.05.20

-Chloe Isabella