5 - Show Don't Tell

I'm sure that everyone who's done creative writing has gone through 'show don't tell'.  This task is also short (sorry) and, just like the Ophelia tasl, we were given some sentences, and had to improve them. This was when we first started the topic, so pardon if it's terrible - it probably is. 

It was an extremely hot afternoon.

His usual mop of black hair was plastered onto his forehead, which was already glistening with sweat, despite him just pacing the length of the room. The humid air suffocated him, even with the windows ajar, as radiant rays of sun invaded the enclosed area.

The room was messy.

An array of textbooks were scattered on the floor, confirming that there was barely any floor space. Half vacant dishes were strewn across the desk, and an assembly of objects, ranging from crumpled notes to disheveled items of clothing, were dispersed around the adolescent, who had somehow managed to fall unconscious in the midst of her last-minute revision.

The girl was confident.

To go out onto that stage, to face the hundreds of thousands of eager faces whose eyes pierced into her, would require her to obliterate the brick walls that held her captive - that created an oasis. Planting her feet firmly at the centre of the stage, she raised her head, sharp and high. The slouchy posture she adored had been stored away into a box, locked up, as she slipped into a more welcoming demeanor. She felt as if she could take on the world.

I won't post for a while now, because I don't have much motivation to write. However, if anyone wants to talk, dm me @/peterstarkson on Instagram (it's a fan account)! Hasta Luego!