Happy Sad Days

A not-so-pleasant summer morning. But I loved it, woke up earlier than I ever thought to, sitting on the chair, waiting for mom and dad to ring the bell so I'd be the first to see them after such a long time. At sharp 7:30 in the morning, the bell rang and I jumped out from the chair to open the door before anyone else. I opened the door and found my elder brother with today's newspaper in his hand. I was disappointed.

After a long time, the bell again rang. I was sure this time it's mom and dad, I could feel it. I opened the door and screamed SURPRISE! This time I was again disappointed It was my sister who came back from jogging. She asked what it is. I said with a huge disappointment YOU. I waited for them till 11am but after seeing no sign of them. I went to my room and slept.

When I woke up I found mom and dad were back. I hugged mom and said I missed you more than a lot. I said mom complaining, "I donno what's wrong with me? I can spend a whole day without you but every night I missed you. No matter what happens I want you to be with me." Everyone laughed and said that I used to cry at nights for her. Hearing all this mom too laughed on me and said I too missed you Surie and hugged me once again. And told everyone, "after all she is my youngest child and this is the first time I went away from her for so many days''. I started teasing everyone with my tongue out. She bought gifts for all of us including my Sophia and Aisha.

We all were very happy but within a couple of weeks Sophia and Aisha were going back to Delhi along with my elder brother. As days passed by we started telling each other I'm going to miss each and every moment spend by us. We wanted time to stop by but it isn't possible. Restless, sad and upset .But, soon we accepted the fact that we have to leave.

Unfortunately, the day came when they were leaving us. They were crying, don't wanna go back. I too started crying. For me they are 'Pearl in the Ocean'. At last we bid good bye with tears in our eyes.

From childhood onwards I observe it's an Indian tradition, whenever we bid goodbye to our loved ones we do it not just by saying a goodbye, but by a last adorable, memorable hug with tears in our eyes. We also give a return gift, if not then for sure we give money to buy something to eat or whatever they wish to. So did I. I am going to miss them like anything.