Moving Ahead

I maintained a diary to write the daily chores of life. Everybody in the house knows about it but none took interest in reading or asking why you to do it. I know people found it boring like my cousins and pals. Aafia once asked me disgustingly how you can do such a boring thing. I mean it's so boring to re-call your mind and write down with the suitable words and if you wrote something personal someday someone will read it. Sorry Surie but I can't even think about to write. I empathy and said my dad used to maintain the diary so I guess it's in my blood.

Dad came into my room and announced you're competitive exams date has come; only a month is remaining. I looked at him sadly. He came near to me, put his hand on my shoulder and said fret not my daughter you have done such a hard work you will get its fruit, not just fruit 'sweet fruit'.

Mom too joined dad and said the same words to make me keep believing on myself and in my dream too. She said in a joy your dream has a wings let it fly by fulfilling it instead of cutting the wings of your dream. I too hided my tears of fear or losing the way they both were and prayed to God to let me fulfill our dream.

Surie! Surie! Surie! We both are getting late, hurry up my elder brother said to me apprehensively. Wait! I be there in some minutes I screamed as loud as I can so that my voice reach to my elder brother. Mom and Dad! Let me go and pray for me to pass with colorful marks. Best of luck Surie, take it easy and calm down no need to take so much stress you will be, give your best both said and I left. Wait! Wait! Wait! I said now what? I'm already late and he is waiting for me down so long. Take your water bottle, best of luck and don't be scared of anything, my elder sister said and I left waving them good bye.

On the way, my brother said give your maximum performance; don't get worried about not achieving instead focus on your achieving. Forget that it's the third time you are trying; just think like it's the first time you are giving and please no negative thoughts in your mind and he dropped me till the college gate.

Before switching off the phone and keeping the bag outside I found three text messages. First was from Sophia and Aisha wishing Good luck for the exam, Second was from Meera wishing the same and saying give your best and last third message was from an unknown number. I thought for a minute who is it and switched off the cell phone and put it in my bag.

I was nervous, fearful and distraught too but I remembered all the words of every one telling me not to take stress and give the paper calmly and with a positive feeling saying to your own self 'you will do it'. I thanked god for giving me such a nice family and prayed him to make me successful this time in fulfilling my dream before I got the paper in my hand to solve.

I came back home with my elder brother. As everybody was awaiting for me. All asked in worried how was it? You did the whole paper na? Did you check your answers before handling back your paper to them? Was it good? Say something?

I broke my silence said hang on a minute, Mom! Let me breathe peacefully first then I let you know everything. I said I did it and now all I can do is pray to god to let me fulfill my dream and dad I checked my paper before handling back to them. My elder brother and sister said we too wish the same for you, Surie.

After having tea and samosas I felt sleepy. I asked for their excuse and left them. I reached in my bedroom which was looking like a war has happened over there. Books were lying hither and thither, my wardrobe was totally in a great mess and all things lying were spread over the room and some of my clothes were lying on the floor of my room gallery. I screamed tiredly Mom where all my clothes are gone? I have nothing to wear? I requested her to come and please give me something to wear?

Mom horror-struck seeing "The Great Mess" in my room. She exclaimed what is this Surie? How will you be able to find anything? I said sorry to mom and made her to believe I will clean up my room by tomorrow. She took out whatever she found and commanded me to wear or else stay what you wearing?

I changed my clothes what mom gave me and as I was about to lay on my bed my cell phone started ringing. I hate it when somebody calls when I am sleeping or about to sleep. It was the call from the same unknown number who messaged me 'Best of Luck' in the morning. I was quite afraid thinking who it'll be but then I received it?

I in not-so-good-manner said hello! The voice came from other side of the phone was quite familiar to me but still it was hard to recognize who is it? I was sure it's a male voice I asked who? The voice from the other side said your boyfriend. I uttered what the heck? Don't you have any work to do instead of molesting girls on phone? I said fiercely stop laughing and say who the hell you are? He said Surie! I asked how you know my name. He replied I know many other things too about you like you have a friend whose name is Siddharth. I exclaimed YOU! You have done it any better like said me in simple words that it's ME? Dumbass. He said anyways! How was your exam? I sounded little low and said fine it was and thanks for your text message. He said laughingly my pleasure and no need to say thanks every time at least to me. He said now what next? I said nothing. He then suddenly changes the topic and asked me to tell me who is my favorite? I exclaimed in excitement I have huge list. He said currently who is on the top of your list? I said Liam Payne. He asked Oh! That P-A-Y-N-E wala payne but I like Zayn Malik more than him. He is really the way you pronounce H-O-T exactly the way. I said yeah that P-A-Y-N-E only. You mean you like hollywood I said yup! He asked any from bollywood I said NO! But when I used to be a child my favorite was Shahrukh Khan but now I don't find him any hot? He laughed out loud hearing the word Hot from me. He exclaimed, by the way he is my favorite now. Thank god our taste are alike somewhere. I said reassuring him I used to like him EARLIER not now.

He started being him. He asked me to suppose I fell in love with him. I hesitatingly said sorry but I can't even suppose it. He sounded sad to me and said let it be. I said okay I'm supposing. Now carry on where I stopped you. He started again from the start, suppose you fell for me and you're dad won't allow you for this and one day he comes near to you and start saying in a DDLJ's Amrish Puri style, Jaa Surie Jaa! Jeele apni zindagi. I burst out in laugh and laughed so badly until my stomach started to pain. I interrupted him and said how you can be so funny. Every time you make me laugh until my stomach starts to pain. You are a really interesting character to me and I would like to know you more. Thanks for being my sympathizer. Thanks for being available for me whenever I needed you. Thanks for everything you did for me. He lovingly said thanks to you too. I asked why thanking me I haven't done anything for you. He said in a really low voice, soon you'll get to know. I asked what? He said nothing. I yawned and said gtg actually gotta sleep. Buh bye, do take care and I hung the phone and slept peacefully.