Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Kinabukasan, nagising ako mga seven  na ng umaga. Kinuha ko ang phone ko at ng tiningnan ko ito ay may dalawang mensahe.

I opened it and it was from Pearl and Brent. How did they get my number? Hindi naman ako namimigay sa number ko ah.

Binasa ko yung message at ngayon ko lang naalala na Sabado pala ngayon. Ngayon sana kami gagawa ng PowerPoint sa Philosophy pero hindi matutuloy kasi may lakad ang dalawa sa aming grupo. So, I decided to put back my cellphone on the table and took a bath. I planned to go to the bookstore and will shop.

After that, I wore a pink oversized t-shirt tucked in with black high waisted pants paired with sneakers. I used my color black sling bag. I prefer wearing these than wearing a dress paired with stilettos. It's so girly, though.

Habang pababa na ako ay tinali ko ang buhok ko. Akmang lalabas na ako ng may nasagi akong kaawa-awang nilalang. I went to the kitchen and there, I saw my brother. Drinking alcohol. I stared at my brother, and I pity him because the person that he loves will hurt him if he finds the truth.

Naramdaman ni Kuya ang presensiya ko kaya nagtaas siya ng tingin. And I was so shocked when I saw his eyes. Namumula ang mga mata niya, agad kong nilapitan si kuya at niyakap.

"Kuya, what happened?" I asked and he hugged me back.

"Lil' sis, I'm fucked!" he exclaimed.

Did he know? Kailan pa? At paano?

"Why? Care to share with me?" Tiningnan ko siya and for the first time I saw my brother crying.

Pinahid ni kuya ang kanyang mga luha. "I'm a gay, right? I cried a lot." Mahina siyang tumawa. Nasasaktan ako ng nakikita kong nagkakaganito si kuya.

"No, you're not. A man can cry. It doesn't mean that you are gay if you cry. You're a human, you have emotions. You can cry and no one judge you"

He smiled. "I don't know what to do now. I'm so hurt."

"Why?"

"Cruzzate and his ex-boyfriend are now together..." Then a tear from his eye dropped. "I saw with my two fucking eyes, they kissed. I witnessed Cruzzate confession to that fucking bastard! And that day she fucking broke up with me."

I was so shocked after what I heard. So, it means Veight and Ate Cruzzate were in a relationship before? Gosh, I can't believe this! How old is Cruzzate?  Then, I feel guilty.

"Sorry," nakayuko kong sabi. "I'm sorry kuya, I'm sorry." Nangilid na ang mga luha ko.

Hinawakan ni kuya ang panga ko at itinaas. Pantay na aming mga mata. Lalo lang akong umiyak ng makita ko ang mga mata niyang malungkot.

"Why are you sorry?" Naguluhan niyang tanong.

Pinahid ko ang mga luha ko. "Promise me, don't be mad at me after telling you this," tumango lang siya. "I knew the relationship between Ate Cruzzate and Veight."

"How did you know?"

Do I want to tell him the 'pretend' thing? Yes, Elizabeth. You have to, so you'll have no secrets. Anang nasa isip ko.

"Kuya, tell me the truth first."

"Hmm..."

"Do you know the relationship between Brian and Cruzzate?" Nakakunot noo siya.

"What? Brian our cousin?" Tumango ako.

"He said to me that we have to pretend to be a couple, so he'll see the face of Cruzzate boyfriend. And that's why I knew Cruzzate and Veight."