Chapter Eleven: The Drag Race

After sitting like that for a half hour, she got a text from Archie, telling her to meet him at Pop's. She was now sitting in a booth, listening to the two rant.

"Jughead, calm down."

"Calm down? Archie, Riverdale just became a police state." Jughead yelled. 

"McCoy's convinced the serpents are the ones dealing Jingle Jangle. Ariana tried to convince her otherwise, but I guess it didn't work."

"Serpents don't deal that stuff. The Ghoulies do."

"So tell Mayor McCoy that."

"Archie, you know that won't work." Ariana told him. "She has her heart set on distroying the Serpents. "

"Ariana's right. McCoy just arrested all my friends for no reason, yeah, she's totally going to believe me." Jughead sat down next to Ariana in the booth, trying to get his point across to Archie. "Any why do you even care man? I thought you and Betty wanted nothing to do with me. Right?"

"Look, I'm sorry, about what happened, and how it happened. Believe me. I got slapped for it." Archie made a pointed look towards Ariana, who only shrugged in response. "And as for Betty, you should maybe talk to her." The two stared at eachother awkwardly. Ariana felt that she shouldn't have come, and that the two should have talked it out on their own, but yet there she was. Jughead's phone rang, breaking the silence. Jughead looked at it before sighing. 

"I gotta go. Tall Boy wants to parley." With that, he got up and left, leaving the twins alone. Ariana bit her lip, not knowing whether she wanted to say something or not.

"Ari, can we talk?"

"About what Archie? You being a Dick?" He sighed.

"About you knowing the Southsiders. Who do you know." 

"Jones and Sweet Pea, that's it so far."

"Sweet Pea. Like the guy who came to our house and threatened us?" Ariana rolled her eyes.

"No, Sweet Pea as in the Guy you pointed a gun at, yet still gave me a ride home after I ran away from you because you scared the shit out of me." Ariana got up out of the booth, getting ready to leave. "You have to be honest with yourself Archie. You started that fight. You are in the wrong, not them. Just admit it already." She walked away, not wanting to know his reaction.

***

"Community Service, really dad? Can't you just ground us or something?" Ariana sat at the table, picking at her chinese food, carlessly listening to Archie and her dad argue.

"Community service, Mayor McCoy's idea. And it's a damn good one if you ask me." Her dad responded. Ariana continuted to pick at her food. All they had to do a day of cleaning up Picken's park, and then they would be done. She wasn't sure why Archie was making such a big deal out of it. "Put that trash in your body, you can spend a day picking up trash at Picken's park." Archie sighed, clearly annoyed with it.

"Just get over it Archie. It's no big deal." Archie glared at her, causing her to roll her eyes at her brother. 

"You know, I know Jug wasn't at your little Lollapalooza the other night, but he does go to Southside High. It's ground zero for that crap. Are you guys talking to him? Checking in? How's he doing." 

"Tryin' to... yeah." Ariana scoffed at her brother.

"By trying to, do you mean trying to rekindle the friendship that you so harshly distroyed?" Ariana asked bitterly.

"What is going on between you two? I never seen you guys like this. It seems like you are always at eachother's throats."  Ariana stood up, grabbing her container of food.