Chapter 15

I watched in disbelief as one of the letters on the tower fell off, crashing down onto a roof. Police cars were pulling up to the scene, cops staring at the portal in disbelief. Iron Man was flying through the city, several of the aliens hot on his tail. One of the aliens came running up to me, aiming a glowing weapon at me. I quickly shot it down, along with its companion. 

Thank gods for whoever gave me this rifle. I thought. Far in the distance, I saw a black jet flying into the city. It flew down my street, and I ran out into the street, carrying my rifle. I shot the aliens that were coming towards me, using up my precious ammo. I saw the jet pause above Stark Tower, getting shot down by a blue beam.

I ran in the direction it was falling, being a few feet away from where it crashed. I ran up to it, grabbed the lip, and pulled the entrance open. "Are you guys okay?" I asked, seeing them frantically unbuckling their seatbelts. "Who are you?" A man with a tight hat asked. "A kid with a gun," I responded, stepping aside as they almost ran me over.

"Well, Miss A kid with a gun, are you a good shot?" Tight hat asked as I followed them. "Sort of," I said. "Just shoot any aliens coming our way," A man with a bow told me. "What do you think I've been doing?" I asked. "We gotta get back up there," Bowman said, but we froze when we heard a mechanical roar coming from the portal.

A huge leviathan looking thing came flying out of the portal, along with more aliens. Aliens sprung from its sides, scraping against the stone on the buildings either side of it. "Stark, are you seeing this?" Tight hat asked. "Seeing. Still working on believing. Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?" Stark asked. "Banner?" Tight hat asked.

"Just keep me posted," Stark said, then turned off his mic thing. "Banner? Who's Banner?" I asked, killing an approaching alien. "He turns into a big green rage monster when he's mad," Red hair explained. We ducked behind an overturned cab, weapons still drawn. "Okay, what the hell are these things and why do they want to kill us?" I asked. "It's a long story," Bowman replied.

"Fine, tell me later. But whoever caused this is an asshole," I said. "We've got civilians trapped inside these buildings," Bowman said. "Loki," Tight hat said, looking at a ship that was raining bullets down on the street. "They're fish in a barrel down there," Tight hat said, looking at the civilians. Aliens started approaching, but Red hair and I shot them down.

 "You think you can hold them off?" Tight hat asked. "Captain, it would be my genuine pleasure," Bowman said, whipping out an arrow and nailing an alien in the head. Red hair and I opted to use our guns to shoot the aliens. While Red hair covered us, Bowman and I helped people off a bus. A boy jumped into my arms and I set him on the ground.

"It's too slow!" I said, going over to the doors. I pulled them open, and people started streaming out of it. We returned to Red hair's side, killing off aliens. "It's like Budapest all over again!" She told Bowman. "You and I remember Budapest very differently," Bowman responded.

 As we fought, the aliens started to overwhelm us, when Captain jumped back in. Lightning rained from the sky, killing all the aliens. A man with a hammer landed and came over to us. "What's the story upstairs?" Captain Tight hat asked. "The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable," Hammer said.

 "Thor's right, you gotta deal with these guys," Stark said. "How do we do this?" I asked. "As a team," Captain Tight hat responded. "I have unfinished business with Loki," Thor said. "Yeah, get in line," Bowman said, fiddling with one of his arrows.

"Save it. Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him, these things run wild. We got Stark up top. He's gonna need us--" In the middle of Captain Tight hat's speech, a motorcycle with a man on it sputtered up. We all wandered over to him. "So, this all seems horrible," He said. "I've seen worse," Red hair responded. "Sorry," He said.

"Yeah, we could use a little worse,"

a/n We're finally into The Avengers! Sorry it's taken so long, but I wanted to do some world and character building first.