Chapter 30

Several Weeks Later...

I tugged at the dress as we walked out of the courthouse. We had just finished my adoption hearing thing, and I had been officially adopted. Nat was the only one on the team that knew about it. I continued tugging at the dress. "Ellie, you're going to rip that dress if you don't stop," Clint warned.

"Good," I muttered. "Well, we have to get back to the tower. Stark has some new stuff for us to try, and you know how he is," Clint said. We wandered down the streets. I was still tugging at the dress as we entered the tower."There you two are. I've been waiting forever," Tony said, coming over.

"We were gone for two hours," I responded, crossing my arms. "Two hours longer than you should've been. Go change and meet me in the lab," He said, then walked off, probably to get himself a drink. Clint and I got into the elevator, pressing the buttons for our floors. My floor was first, being directly below Clint's. I waved as I got off, making a beeline to my room.

I took off that god-forsaken dress as fast as I could, then put on some jeans and a grey t-shirt. I pressed the button to go to the lab, Clint already in the elevator. We soon arrived at the floor, since it's directly under all the resident floors. We stepped off and Tony came over, some sort of remote in his hand. "Good, you're here. You're first, Birdbrain," He said, and Clint followed him into another room.

I started wandering around the lab, finding my way to an unoccupied computer. Feeling curious, I tried to use it but it had a password. I started typing in various passwords, but none worked. After a few minutes, I gave up and pulled up a different screen. Typing in something, code started appearing quickly.

 "Please get through, please get through, please ge--yay!" I said when the computer opened. Shortcuts littered the entire screen. "Jesus, Stark, organize your desktop!" I muttered, pulling up one labeled project. "What are you doing?" I turned to see Stark watching me. "Um..." I said as he walked over, looking at the screen.

 "How did you get into this? This was designed for me to be the only one with the password," He said. "I guessed?" I offered, and Tony raised an eyebrow. "Mmhmm. Come on, it's your turn," He said, and I followed him into another room. "I added polyethylene fibers into your uniform around your important areas, made it able to stretch to impossible lengths, added setae in the fingers and toes, and added some nanotech in your mask and gloves," Stark said, showing me the new uniform. "Um...English please?" I asked, and he sighed.

"Your suit's bulletproof, super stretchy, allows you to stick to walls, and lets you use your venom shooters in your wrists and bite people," He simplified. "Now, put it on," He said, then left the room to stand outside. I pulled off my clothes and put on the suit, and Stark came back in. "See this? Press it to remove the gloves or your mask," He said, and I pressed the button. The gloves on my suit faded away, revealing my hands, and I felt the material around my mouth fade.

I pressed it again, and it returned. I pulled off the mask. "Thanks, Stark," I said, nodding. "It's no problem, lizard," He said. "You know, we still need to come up with a superhero name for you," He said. "It ain't gonna be Lizard, I'll tell you that now," I nodded, and he left the room.

I changed back into my normal clothes and met Clint in the elevator. "We're gonna go visit them," He said, and I nodded. We went down to his car and sat through the twelve hours drive to go visit Laura, Cooper, and Lila. I sighed, stretching as I got out of the car. The farmhouse loomed in the distance, Laura, Cooper, and Lila standing on the porch.

We had called ahead, saying that we were gonna visit. We trudged up the path towards the house, gravel crunching under our feet. We reached the top of the steps, Clint hugging Cooper and Lila. "Ellie!" Lila said after she let go of Clint, running up and hugging my legs. "So?" Laura asked.

"Everyone, meet Eleanor Peyton Barton,"

Ellie Barton will return in Venom.