Chapter 9: Florence

"I'm very disappointed with my students who took part in a fight with such a petty motive." Sighed the beautiful woman on the TV screen with pink wavy hair, "But most of all, I am disappointed in myself for failing to educate some of my students."

"So, how would you deal with the students who participated in the fight?" Asked the brunette reporter.

"Most first years don't know any better, so I don't think I'll punish them." Then, her big baby blue eyes got serious, "however, the other students will have to attend detention for two hours and need to complete a statement of repentance before leaving. Everyone who will be punished will get the detail tomorrow."

"YAS!" Squealed the three first years in Room 014.

"We don't need to go to detention desu~" yipped Sol as she jumped on her bed before landing onto her pink blanket.

"Thank Lordy we got away with it just like that!" cheered Alabama, "time to tell my daddy all about it."

Friction chuckled, "Guys, it's just detention. Nobody takes that seriously."

"Yeah right..." said Sol sarcastically.

Just as Alabama was about to whip her I-Pad out, Sol took out her magical wand and instantly, there are deserts on the coffee table. "Let's celebrate desu~"

Alabama looked at the mouth-watering food and said, "Let's dig in!" then, she snatched a cupcake.

Friction looked at the food blankly, "Do you think you can get me a Starbucks like this though?"

With a whip of Sol's wand, a pumpkin spice latte appeared on Friction's hand, "Just don't let the teachers know."

"You're the best!" smiled Friction.

The trio passed the evening by eating, chatting and laughing. They fell asleep with their bellies full at midnight.

...

"Ding dong!" the door of Room 14 rang, breaking the morning silence.

Sol immediately stopped making her bed and answered the door, "Oh my God! Florence saan, long time no see!"

Then, she let the blonde man in.

Friction stopped combing her hair (her now lack of Sue powers makes her hair act like normal hair again), her gaze focused on Florence. Her heart stopped. "Marty..." she gasped behind her breath.

Florence stares back at his ex-fiancé and rolled his eyes, "oh not you again."

The playful atmosphere of the room from last night was completely gone as the two shared hostile stares.

"Wait, you two know each other?" asked Sol, tilting her head all cutesy.

Florence sighed, "Sorta..."

Sol's yellow eyes widened and started jumping up and down, "Ooh! Ooh! Tell me more desu!"

The man's electric blue eyes stared back at Sol, "Seriously?"

"Pretty pleaseeeeee!"

Florence rolled his eyes again, "If you insist." Then, he pulled out a stool and sat on it. "Some time after I graduated from Magical Girl Academy, I worked as an undercover for several people. Friction's mum AKA Queen Grace hired me to be undercover in order to get Friction to be less Sueish, knowing my defiance in spite of the House of Marty Stu."

Sol looked puzzled, "But you're gay desu."

"The queen doesn't know," said Florence, "Well, maybe she just wanted me to be her platonic friend."

Sol nodded silently, her pigtails bouncing beside her.

"Predictable..." scoffed Friction.

Florence looked at his ex fiancé, shocked.

"Holy shit, why are these 'memories' popping out all of a sudden?" said Friction, rubbing her head. "By the way, you two know each other?"

"Yes desu," replied Sol, "we were classmates!"

"Oh, the good old days..." said Florence dreamily.

"Besides, why the F are you here anyways?" asked Friction, still pissed off at him.

"Oh right," said Florence slowly, thinking about what he was there for in the first place, "Congrats, Sol." he smirked.

"Hm?"

"You're going to detention at 10am tomorrow for that fight."

"Oh crap desu..."

A. N.: Do yall think I should do illustrations of other characters in future chapters like in this one?

Incoming shameless self promotion:

I'm drafting a book called Lady 1001, which is a darker rewrite of The Selection (weird that America Singer reminds me of Friction). I'll only be taking its basic premise but it will take place in a fantasy world instead.

The story's protagonist Irene was exiled after his father the general has been murdered. All was hopeless until her mother caught wind that the Emperor is planning a reality show where his son will find a wife among 1001 women. So, Irene could have a chance to be future Empress and make her noble house get on the good side of more aristocrats.

 So, Irene could have a chance to be future Empress and make her noble house get on the good side of more aristocrats