Chapter 10: Detention

Sol sat inside the classroom, nibbling her pen as she glanced at the two pieces of single lined paper she was given. The blonde girl sighed, forty five minutes had passed since she started sitting there. Her eyes moved to the girl to her left, she was the girl with red lipstick who saved Friction from the wolves. That girl scribbled quickly onto her paper, already having a full page filled with words. Sol poked her with her pen, "Hey!" she whispered.

The baby blue eyes of the teacher who she learnt was actually Miss. Sarah stared at her. Sol looked back to her paper with shame.

Then, Miss. Sarah stood up and started writing on the blackboard.

GUIDELINES

1. Why did you participate in the fight? Does it mean anything to you?

2. After the fight was over, how do you feel? Was it worth fighting for?

3. What have you learnt from the fight?

Miss. Sarah gave Sol a wink as she walked back to her seat.

"Thanks?" the blonde muttered confusedly. She focused back on her piece of paper once again and her pen started moving.

Scribble...

...scribble...

...scribble...

"Times up!" announced the pink haired teacher, "It's already noon!"

Sol wrote the last couple words down hastily and immediately let go of her pen, "Whew!"

"Anastasia, would you be so kind as to collect everyone's paper?" asked the teacher.

"No problem." the girl in red lipstick sitting next to Sol said. Then, Anastasia got up.

Sol handed her her paper, "Thank you, Anastasia." She smiled.

"Just call me Ana," she replied softly as she bit her lip.

After Ana collected all the papers, Sol and and half of the class were about to get up and leave.

"Don't go yet!"

The class turned their heads, and the teacher's request was met with a chorus of groans.

"What, Missy? 11111" asked Ebony as she was about to get the door.

"All of you aren't leaving until I've read all of your repentance letters." said Miss. Sarah.

Everyone walked back to their seats like a bunch of zombies. "You better make this quick!" squealed Ingy.

Miss. Sarah sighed as she started skimming all of their papers before dividing them into two stacks. She then grabbed the shorter stack. "Good job, Ana. Your English has vastly improved and is it true that this new student called Friction really does mean something to you?"

"Yes, Miss. Sarah."

"I see, can't wait to see her in my classes."

"Oh, and Megami..."

"Yes? Sensei?" said Sol and immediately stopped putting her head on the table.

"Your essay is rather... unique, do you mind it if I read a few sentences from it now?"

"Not at all, I guess..."

The pink haired teacher took a deep breath and started reading, "I participated in the fight for my friend Alabama, I believe that she has the right to love whoever she wants and not bend to the will of some popular mean girl who thinks she owns the place.

"It means the world to me to defend the helpless, I don't think there is a better way to do it. It's straight to point enough.

"I feel like I have avenged my friend, and that I'm a good friend. It was definitely worth it.

"I have learned to be brave and not bend to the whims of authority like popular girls and school rules if it means that you're standing up for what you believe in."

Everybody in the class stared at Sol.

"I admire your bravery, Sol." smiled the teacher, "you did all that while most of your powers are gone, no wonder why your author gave you a second chance here. Study hard this year and don't get yourself into trouble, okay?"

"I only promise to try," replied Sol as a fake smiled was plastered on her face.

After Miss. Sarah gave some comments to a handful of other essays, she dismissed the class.

Ana walked up to Ingy, "I'm very hungry, wanna go to the canteen together?"

"I'm not hungry yet," said Ingy as her teary eyes were staring daggers at Sol, who was walking towards the door.