chapter 5

Clawdeen looked up at the boy. He seemed to be a normal, yellow-skinned Cyclops, but the fangs would suggest some sort of animal monster in family history. "Hey, I'm Seemore." He said shyly.

"Clawdeen." Clawdeen said over the music.

The two moved off the dance floor and talked for a bit, but Clawdeen couldn't see anything about the guy that called out to her. She liked shy guys, but this particular guy had nothing else going for him. Just as Clawdeen was about to get up to leave, a large shadow fell over both of them and the werewolf looked up to see a hulking female triclops glaring down at her.

"Who do you think you are?" she demanded. "Stay away from MY boyfriend or I'll crush you!"

Clawdeen snorted at this and snarled at the girl. "I'll do what you say, but I'd like to see you try it."

The triclops lashed out and her miniscule claws scratched Clawdeen's arm, tearing some of the fur. Clawdeen snarled and jumped at the girl, engaging her in a fight. Clawdeen was winning, unsurprisingly, but two large muscular arms pulled the girls apart and held the up.

"What's going on here?" Clawdeen wiggled around so she could see Mewlvin.

"She attacked me!" the triclops shouted, pointing at Clawdeen.

"Only because you scratched me!" Clawdeen countered.

"You shouldn't have challenged me." The triclops folded her arms.

"You challenged me!" Clawdeen mimicked the pose with narrowed eyes.

"You were flirting with my boyfriend!"

"He approached me! How was I supposed to know?"

The triclops opened her mouth to give an excuse, but found that she had none. Mewlvin sighed and set the girls down. "No more fighting or I'll be forced to take you two out."

Clawdeen immediately disappeared into the dancing crowd again while the triclops dragged her boyfriend out of the club. After a moment, a werewolf boy walked over to her and smiled.

"That was some fight you put on." He murmured, his hands automatically finding her hips.

Clawdeen felt something queasy in her stomach as the guy began dancing with her. He seemed nice enough, but he made her stomach turn, like there was something bad about him. After a few moments of talking, Clawdeen disentangled herself from him and made her way to the refreshment table, shuddering involuntarily.

As she looked for something appetizing, a voice behind her said, "Try the chocolate mouse. It's delicious."

Toralei had watched the entire thing with the triclops. She was going to go over and help Clawdeen, but the werewolf seemed to know how to take care of herself. But, the werecat's eyes narrowed when she saw another boy begin dancing with Clawdeen, putting his hands where they shouldn't be. Clawdeen looked uncomfortable and Toralei watched the boy closely, making sure he stayed in his place. After awhile, the werewolf moved away from the boy and began heading her way. Toralei watched as Clawdeen shuddered slightly as she looked through the food selection.

"Try the chocolate mouse." The werecat suggested. "It's delicious."

Clawdeen jumped and whirled toward her, sighing in relief when she saw a familiar face. "A little nervous there, aren't we?"

"He was creepy. Like, he seemed like a good guy, but something just wasn't right about him." Toralei shrugged. "There are always more guys."

"Yeah, as long as they're not like him." Clawdeen chuckled.

The girls shared a few more words before both returned to the dance floor, deciding that just dancing the night away might be good too. Soon though, Toralei saw the time and knew she had to be going. Clawdeen agreed and the two monstresses began walking back to their homes. On the way, they began talking about themselves and found that they had a lot in common other than fearleading. Toralei found this amusing and Clawdeen seemed to think likewise.

They parted ways at the park and Clawdeen's last words rang in Toralei's ears. "Thanks for giving me a great night, Toralei."