Daniel (Buddy) Lewek x Female Reader

(A/N) For those of you who don't know, Buddy is the protagonist of the Official Batim novel "Dreams Come to Life" (I 100% recommend it cuz it's AMAZING) This is his human form, pre Ink Machine, as he appears for most of the book. Also, he's aged up by around two years in this because I don't want any of that underage shit on here.

Buddy sighs, standing up from his desk and running his fingers through his hair. He softly murmurs "Phew. So hot in here..." and looks around, probably to see if anyone else is here.

"Hey Buddy" I peek into the room, smiling shyly, waving at him. "You're here late!"

He jumps slightly, quickly turning around and looking over at me. "U-uh yeah, Sammy needed me to clean up some spilled ink... A lot of it... and that stuffs not easy to clean up!" He says, beginning to ramble.

"Again?" I step into the room, walking over to the desk closest to his, sitting down on it. "That's odd... Sammy's supposed to call Wally to do that, not some poor gofer!" I shake my head. "Sorry about him."

"It's okay! I-I've had to do worse." He smiles sheepishly, rubbing his arm. "S-so, where you uh... off to? I was wondering... maybe we could walk together...? If you're not busy, I mean!"

I feel my cheeks heat up slightly at his fowardness, and my eyes widen. "You... you wanna walk with me?" I nod, smiling shyly. "Y-yeah! That sounds fun."

His face lights up. "Cool! So, uh where do you live? I-I'll walk you home!"

"O-oh, I live on Ludenberg Avenue, in one of the tenement apartments." I stand up from the desk, then lean back against it, looking off to the side. "Though you really don't have to... I-I know Dot was looking for you!"

"She was?" He raises an eyebrow. "Well, I'll talk to her tomorrow, and don't worry about it!" He says, standing up and picking up his bag.

"Okay." I smile shyly and stand up, walking over to the door and waiting by it. "So... Uh, anything new? With your life I mean. Like, do you like your job here?"

"Yeah, It's great! Not really what was expecting, But its money!" He shoves all of his work in his bag and slings it over his shoulder. "Okay, let's go!"

I attach myself to his side, walking next to him as we exit the studio, out into the sweltering New York evening. "So... Buddy..." I bite my lip, thinking of any sort of conversation topics. "You... What's your living situation?"

"Eh... Not the best. I live with my Ma and Grandpa. We're kinda tight on money, but we get along just fine." He shrugs, wiping the sweat from his forehead. "You?"

"Oh, I live with..." I hesitate, wondering if I should tell him the truth. "Alone. I live alone. Well, alone with my cat." I smile awkwardly, hoping I'm being convincing enough. "Yup! Just me and her!"

He looks at me, nodding before continuing to walk, looking down. "That's nice.."

After around twenty minutes of walking punctuated by idle chitchat, we arrive in front of my small tenement apartment. "Home sweet home..." I say, reaching into my bag and rummaging around for my key, then walking up the stairs and unlocking the door. "Sorry if it's kinda small."

He nods awkwardly. "O-oh! You don't have to invite me in! I mean, unless..." He trails off, awkwardly stammering.

I turn around and look at him, twisting the knob and pushing the door open. "It's really hot outside! You deserve to rest, at least for a bit!" my smile slightly fades as I realize I might being a bit too pushy and add "Your Ma won't worry if you're out late, will she?"

He shakes his head, then quickly changes to nodding. "She won't mind, she knows I work late sometimes. Thanks!" He cracks a small smile and slowly steps in.