Chapter Twenty: Coffee Shop

After the plane landed Ink's group settled into their temporary home. Not soon after did they decide to dive right into business. Ink, Geno, Nightmare, Cross, and Error all surrounded the table looking at a stack of papers. Geno sighed, "okay so we know they work somewhere in the square, which shop should we check first?" Ink tapped his chin, "well we'd have to split up, and leave someone here to watch over the kids because I am not leaving Fresh to look after them." Error sipped on his chocolate milk, "I'lL sTaY iT's NoT lIkE i WaNt To Do ThIs ShIz AnYwAy." Error annoyingly sighed. Ink shrugged, "okay then that's settled."

Ink then looked at Nightmare and Cross, "would you rather watch the coffee shop or the flower shop?" Nightmare gave Cross a look obviously knowing which one he would choose. Cross ignored Nightmare's glare and spoke, "we can take the flower shop." Ink looked at Geno, "guess that means you and Reaper take the coffee shop." Geno's response was heavily laced with sarcasm, "oh great I'm so excited for that!"

Nightmare looked at Ink, "and what are you going to be doing?" Ink looked at the list of shops, "I'll cover the clothing store, let's hope this is easy enough." Geno crossed his arms, "at least your not going to a coffee shop with a coffee addict." Reaper suddenly appeared with a mug in his hand, "did someone say coffee?" Geno sighed and didn't respond. Reaper took a sip of the liquid in his mug, only to be guessed as coffee.

Ink checked his watch and began mumbling. Nightmare groaned, "would you stop mumbling and just get to the point!?" Ink's attention snapped to Nightmare,"yes! Uh. Well...um. It's late so we should just get some rest then continue this tomorrow." Nightmare sighed, "then why did we discuss this in the first place?" Ink just shrugged and walked away.

Cross yawned, "well I'm tired goodnight Nighty." Cross pecked his cheek as Nightmare mumbled a response. Cross then walked off into the room they had claimed as theirs. Nightmare soon stood and walked away leaving Reaper and Geno alone in the room. Error had left shortly after Ink.

Reaper sighed dramatically, "well I'm not tired." Geno gave him a look, "of course not you're drinking coffee dumbass." Reaper frowned, "you know sometimes I wish you'd just play along with my stupidity." Geno began to walk away, "never." Reaper grabbed his arm and pulled him toward him. Geno gasped, "hey! Let me go!" Reaper laughed, "no. Your mine now~"

Geno struggled in his grip, "Reaper! Not now! Let me go!" Geno finally surrendered and gave in to Reaper's cuddles.

__________

A blaring alarm woke Nightmare with a startle. One of his tentacles whipped towards the alarm and smashed it to bits. Cross sat up and sighed, "really Nightmare?" Nightmare just grumbled in response. Cross got out of the bed and slipped a shirt on, "well come on! Before Ink decides to bust through the door..." Nightmare slowly got out of the bed and stretched lazily. Nightmare leaned on Cross tiredly causing Cross to giggle, "did you not sleep? Come on I'm hungry and someone's cooking!"

Nightmare stepped away from Cross and they then exited into the living area. Ink was there, he had seemed to taken quite an interest in something. Cross opened his mouth to speak only to be shushed by Ink, "quiet! Thier sleeping!" Cross looked around to see who Ink was referring to. Cross then caught sight of Reaper and Geno who were both curled up on the couch sleeping peacefully.

Ink took out his phone and snapped a photo. Nightmare was tempted to take his phone an shatter it but he knew he'd be scolded at by Cross so he didn't do it. Cross looked at Ink, "should we wake them?" Ink shook his skull in denial, "no, but we'll definitely know when they wake up."

Ink walked away into the kitchen followed by Cross and Nightmare. Error was staring intently at a toaster. Ink walked over to a frying pan that had bacon sizzling on it and began flipping the bacon. Cross's mouth watered as he watched Ink cook.