Chapter 4

~

Y/n races down the stairs and pushes her way through the crowd of boys, who were not-so-subtlety, listening to the two talk.

She runs out of the door and races down the dark streets of Manhattan.

Tears rush down her face as she turns corners; not paying attention to where she's going.

She runs and runs, as fast as her legs can take her.

She slows down, growing tired from the running.

She collapses to the floor and buries her face in her hands, crying.

She lets out a heart-shattering wail.

"Y/n?"

~

"Miss?"

She hears a deep voice call out.

Her stomach drops.

She hugs her knees tighter.

"Miss, youse alright?" He kneels beside her.

She finally looks up to be met with dark brown eyes.

His face drops.

"Y/n?" His voice cracks.

Y/n's eyes widen at the sight of the young man in front of her.

He engulfs her in a tight hug.

She hugs back burying her face into the crook of his neck.

"I-I thought I'd never see you again." He says.

"I'm here now Race." She whispers.

Suddenly he tenses up and pulls away. He looks around awkwardly.

She looks at him confused.

Silence fills the tense air.

Race suddenly speaks up.

"So, how ya been?" He asks.

~

"Y/n?"

She looks up to see Spot and Eileen; linked arms; looking at her with confusion.

Eileen's expression drops from confusion to concern as she rushes to the girls side.

"What happened? Are you okay?"

Y/n sniffles and shakes her head; more tears falling from her eyes.

The two look at each other and then back at the girl, their hearts breaking at the sight.

"H-how could I have been so stupid?!" She yells into the night sky sobbing loudly.

~

"So, how ya been?" He asks.

She smiles slightly.

"I've been good. I've spent so long away from home just counting down till I can see you all again. Everything is so... different." She shivers thinking about everything.

"You have no idea." He mumbles.

She looks at him confused, but shakes it off.

"So... were you at Sheepshead?" She asks, changing the subject.

He tenses.

"Uh no..." he rubs his neck awkwardly.

She raises an eyebrow.

"I was uh-" He looks away, avoiding eye contact.

He pauses before finally looking at the girl and speaking.

"I was at Natalie's."

~

"H-how could I have been so stupid?!" She yells into the night sky sobbing loudly.

"Y/n what do you mean?" Spot asks, kneeling next to her as well and putting a hand on her shoulder.

"I was stupid enough to believe that everything would just be the same when I got back. But nothings the same. Nothing will ever be the same!" She yells.

She pulls at her hair and breathes heavily; tears violently flow down her cheeks.

~

"I was at Natalie's."

Y/n's expression drops.

"N-Natalie? Who's Natalie?" She feels tears well up in her eyes.

Race looks at the girl; he can practically hear her heart shattering.

He looks down.

"My fiancé"

~

She pulls at her hair and breathes heavily; tears violently flow down her cheeks.

Spot and Ellie try to talk to her but she tunes them out. She rocks back and forth trying to drown out the noises.... drowning... it feels like she's drowning.

It feels like she's underwater. Their voices muffled. Her surroundings darken until she's left in a dark void of her own thoughts.

She can't seem to focus on one thought as so many rush through her head.

Suddenly everything stops.

"I need to see Medda."

~

A/n- Me updating? I know, surprising! Anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry if it's confusing. Also sorry it's so dramatic— Also sorry it's not very well written; writers block is a bitch.

Anyways thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed and didn't cry too much. Love you!

-Em