Chapter 1: A Normal Day

~Present Day~

In an unknown, unseen void, covered in darkness. The guardian, who was punished to guard the demon, was in the void for three years... until the demon finally regretted what she'd done. That demon was actually me. I was the reason how our one and only world ended, along with the people who we once knew. Instead of disappearing along with them, I was punished to live forever in the void.

I tried calling out a lot of times, always hoping for someone to reply to my call. With no one but myself, it was crushingly lonely...

"... h-hey... where are you?... please... answer me..."

There was no reply, as it always has been. But even though it was like that, I wasn't filled with anger or disappointment, what kept my mind occupied was a memory from long ago... the very one that I've chosen to forget, to bury deep within myself. It always felt... painful. I never really understood why. I recalled the event just like this:

"What will you do if I lose myself?" I said grimly.

"What do you mean by that?" Ruka would ask.

"Let me rephrase that, What would you do if I'm no longer myself... if I ended up hurting everyone who we knew and loved..."

"... I'll still try to save you... whatever it may cost me! I'm your friend and... your hero after all." I see him saying these with a big smile.

"... R... Ru..."

My memory stops there as I suddenly hold each side of my head down from the sudden pain. I breathed heavily as that pain slowly faded. This always happens. I make attempts to regain my memories from time to time, but finally- that was the last missing piece of my memories. I think... I'll be able to lay out how it all happened now. Starting from the very beginning...

It was just another beautiful day, with the same annoying loud yelling with a goal to wake us up in the morning. It wasn't honestly necessary to yell to wake everyone up since some of us can wake up on our own, but we can't complain.

"WAKE UP YOU PUNKS! BREAKFAST HAS ALREADY BEEN SERVED ON THE TABLE!"

That's our leader alright. The girl with dark pink hair, yellow-green eyes, the one who loves to yell and one of the most powerful people in our team, that's Monica.

"Right... It's morning already... I better get ready."

I yawned and soon after I got myself ready. I brushed my long yellow-orange hair after wearing my favorite set of blue clothes. I then headed down to the kitchen as quickly as possible before another yelling arrived at my door. I arrived at the kitchen, and like always... It's a mess. Typical aftermath of the kitchen when the leader cooks. Monica makes the best food but... after cooking, she doesn't bother cleaning the mess she makes.

"G-good morning... I tried not to be late this time... " The next one that arrived had quietly said as she walked in the kitchen.

She has a quiet voice, cyan colored eyes and hair with curly pigtails. That's Techna, our shy technician girl. She's not much of a fighter so most of the time during missions, she stays here in the headquarters and does more of the recon, techie stuff.

"Good morning, Techna. Don't worry. You're just in time." I said to her with a smile.

"Ah, T-thank you... am I the last one to arrive?" She timidly said as she looked around at the kitchen and lately notices there's still one more person missing.