Chapter 12: Justice of Time

Seth's POV

"...Nnn... What is that noise?..."

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the ceiling before looking at my side to see Ruka who's been mumbling in his sleep while sitting on a chair. That was the noise I was hearing. I then looked back again at the ceiling as I sighed and placed my hand on my face. And soon I realized... I was still alive? I then quickly sat up and suddenly screamed as I felt the pain from my wound.

"AAaggghhh!!..."

"Woah! What's happening?! Seth?!"

He said as he quickly woke up in a panic then looked at me as something dropped on the floor. As I pant heavily started sweating a bit, I then looked at him before saying,

"... I'm fine... Just forgot about this wound that I had..."

"... Geez old man you got me worried. I thought you were being attacked or something."

He said before he picked up the book on the floor and sat back down, looking closely at the book I then noticed it was one of mine. I wasn't mad that he has it but I am curious of how he got it, no one knows this base of mine except for me. I then asked him,

"Where did you get that?"

"Monica gave it to me last night. I wasn't going to read it at first but in the end I still did anyway. I've learned a lot of things about reapers and souls and their powers. While you were unconscious for three days I've been-"

"Three days? I've been unconscious for three whole days?!"

"Yeah, I thought you weren't going to survive, but luckily Techna knows her stuff when it comes to healing. And don't worry, there were no attacks or anything while you were unconscious. Anyways, I've been training on my own and was able to do this."

He said before he moves back a bit and holds out his hand then soon a green glass like scythe appears on his hand. My eyes widened in surprise before smiling at him and said,

"... I guess you weren't so weak afterall."

"What was that? Could you please repeat that?"

"Shut up, and help me get to where the two girls are."

"Sure thing."

He said before he helped me stand up and walk beside him. We soon left the room and headed to where the two girls are. As we soon entered, they both looked at us.

"O-Oh you two are finally awake... A-and Seth, how are you feeling?"

"I'm alright... Thank you for healing me, I really appreciated it."

"Y-you're welcome... and oh, have you seen what Ruka can do with his soul? Monica learned that as well and was able to use it in her advantage."

She said with a little smile on her face before Monica walked beside her and put her hand on her shoulder. She looks at her before she nodded and walks away while looking at a small remote device on her hand. Monica then looked at me and said,

"Listen, while you were unconscious for three days, we've been training and thought of a plan on how to stop her. According to Techna earlier, she'll be arriving here soon and...well... I'm sorry in advance, to both of you."

"What? What are you going to-"

Before I could finish my sentence I was suddenly knocked out. Everything turned black, and I wasn't able to hear anything but silence at first, then after some time I soon heard his voice.