Chapter 5: Light in my Dark

We stared at each other in silence for quite some time. I don't know what to say first as there's many questions filling my mind. Why were you near our place? Why are you hurt? Did someone fight you? Was it my Uncle who did that to you? What happened to your face? So many questions and I ended up not saying or asking anything. He got tired of the silence and sighs then said.

"If you have nothing to do here then leave, now."

After hearing those words, I don't know why but I took two steps forward instead of leaving. It's like my legs were moving on its own. Seeing I walked forward he moved back a little. I continued to approach him as he continued to move back.

"Don't come any closer! Hey! Are you even listening to me?!"

He shouted, but it didn't stop me from walking forward to him as he just kept moving back, then soon he fell into the lake. I was about to jump there and save him but I hesitated, thinking he probably knows how to swim and he'll be back here soon. I waited for a minute or two and there was no sign of him swimming or anything. I then started to get worried. Should I even save him? But what if he's just pretending not to swim, and just waits for me to save him? Why should I even be caring about him?

"... I hope this is the right thing to do..."

I said as I sighed and moved back before diving into the lake. I started swimming down until I was able to see him. There was something from his coat that was dragging him down, I reached my hand to his. He removed his coat first before taking my hand and swimming with me back to the surface. We cough as we lay down on the grassy grounds.

"What... What were you thinking?"

"Is that how you say thank you after someone saved your life?"

"I didn't need to be saved, you could have just let me drown there. I don't... I don't deserve you."

"Wait what was that last part?"

"It's nothing."

"It's nothing, huh?"

I said before punching him hard on his arm and groans in pain. I then crossed my arms and looked away from him. He groans in pain as he tries to get up, the wound in his chest makes it harder for him to do so. I wasn't able to ignore him any longer, so I got up and looked at his wound. He looked at me and was about to move away, but I grabbed him by his right arm and pulled him closer to me. I then put my right hand on his wound and started healing it. He didn't struggle or fight back and just let me do my thing, he then sighed and said.

"Being too kind will only get you killed one day, Y'know that right?"

"Is that why you tried to be a monster instead?"

"Well, I'm being a little kind now by not killing you, and even if I tried to I know I'm at a disadvantage." he said as he looked away.

I guess there's still left of Kindness in his soul. Though I still can't forgive him for what he had done with the captured person last time. I stared at him before slowly letting go of my grip on his arm, and made him lay down on the grassy grounds. Looking at his wound as I heal it got me curious.

"Would you mind telling me how you got this wound?"

"That old man of yours has temper issues..."

"Wait... you fought with my uncle earlier? That's why you were near our place?"

"I wouldn't say it as a 'fight', but more of a little argument happened between us, then he lost his temper and attacked me, I didn't fight back and left."