Chapter 2: Search and Destroy

The three of us arrived at the enemy's base, after we got in from the hole Monica loudly created, a robot came and blocked the hole. It seems that our enemy wants us to stay. We looked at the two hallways, the left and the right, before Monica could even speak, the right hallway suddenly closed. Monica sighs frustratedly before looking at Ruka and I.

"We should stay together for now. It seems Dr. Redmond wanted us to play by his house rules... let's go."

She said as she led the way and the two of us followed. While walking in the only available hallway, we noticed that there are no robots nor traps like how it was before. We kept walking until we arrived at the center of the base. Soon after we did, the door suddenly shut behind us. We looked around and soon found the exit but was being blocked by two unfamiliar people.

"Well well... What do we have here? Are they supposed to be the rodents the doctor was talking about, dear Owen?~" said the girl on the right.

"Perhaps they are, dear Eva~" said the boy on the left.

As soon as the boy finished his sentence, Ruka wasn't able to hold his laugh any longer.

"Pfft! Hahahahaha!! I'm sorry, I'm sorry but you two are just too adorable! With the matching outfits and looks! I didn't never expected Redmond liked cute things!" Ruka then continued laughing obnoxiously once more before Monica punched him from behind his head to finally shut him up.

"Don't be blinded by their adorableness, they can kill you in a minute if you're not that cautious!", said Monica, quite annoyed.

It's true that the twins are adorable and identical as well, the same orange hair and eyes with matching attire, but Monica has a point on not underestimating them.

"Ooohhhh! It seems the fat rodent heard about us, how delightful~" said Eva as she claps her hands happily, but Monica hearing that gets her annoyed even more.

"Oh my, We should start this battle soon. We don't want our boss to get disappointed in us if we don't get rid of these pesky rodents sooner~" Owen said as he held his weapon.

"Oh yes... we'll do it as quickly and painfully as possible~" Eva said as she did the same. I looked at the twins before looking at Monica.

"Once Ruka and I get them distracted-"

"No! Go now!" Monica said as she interrupted me.

"We'll be fine, besides... I want to see if Ruka ever learned anything from the earlier training. Let's see him prove it." She sticks out a thumb at him to further emphasize her point.

"I won't let you down!" Ruka confidently said as he held out his sword.

Monica nods at him then looks at me.

"Go! Now!"

As soon as she told me, I nodded at her and ran past the twins then headed to the exit of the room. The twins then look at Monica and Ruka.

"It seems we'll be dealing with the fat and the idiot rodent~" said Eva.

"Yes, this shall be fun~" said Owen.

"Again with the f-word!" Monica yelled at them in anger.

"Oopsie! Seems someone is triggered~" Eva said as she giggled.

"Seems like you landed a direct hit already~" Owen follows along with a chuckle.

"This is going to be one long fight..." Ruka muttered to himself before sighing, and then rushed to strike the first attack, along with Monica.