Chapter 11: Burning Betrayal

I felt cold, seeing nothing but darkness, soon I felt a different aura around my surroundings. I saw a hand holding out to me, without hesitation I took it and soon I saw and felt... nothing.

...

"... Ah, I see you're finally waking up... It's nice to finally meet you."

The words that I heard as soon as I slowly opened my eyes and saw the ceiling above before looking at the man who said it. He has this devilish smirk on his face as he holds an odium vial on his hand. I'm not surprised to see him still alive but that face of his annoyed me a bit.

"..."

"... Oh don't give me that look. I know you've been aware of what's been happening since the beginning, and now you're here to finish the job, isn't it right?"

"... You're not scared for what's about to happen soon."

"Being scared will change nothing, I know that our fate has already been decided."

Dr. Redmond said as I looked at my arm that's covered in black before getting off from the bed and stood up straight. I then walked to my sword that's leaning on the wall and grabbed it. As I looked at my reflection on the blade, seeing my green eyes and my hair changed to much darker than before. I then started walking out of the room but stopped as he said,

"... They think she's already dead and seeing you would probably make them 'happy', well... except for Seth probably. He knew already you were-"

He suddenly paused as he noticed the slash and blood on his chest, he soon fell down on his knees and dropped the vial on the floor. He wasn't surprised, he was smiling even if he was already bleeding on the floor. I picked up the odium vial then noticed the blade of my sword changed color from blue to a bit red before I continued on leaving the place. As soon as I was out, I looked up to see the dark sky then closed my eyes and felt the raindrops on my face.

"... I'm coming home, just wait for me, and soon we'll start the game."

Ruka's POV

Why did she did it? I wasn't able to do anything but just watched her crying with a smile as I fell down to the ocean at that time. I thought I wasn't going to make it, but I slowly woke up and saw their worried faces. They hugged me tightly while crying, I hugged them back as well and started crying then soon I started screaming in pain because of the injuries on my body. We quickly broke the hug and calmed down a bit.

Before I could say anything, Monica already started talking. Told me that they found me by the beach, but still haven't found Shara's body yet. That was a few days ago, until now we still haven't found anything. Even if my body was already recovered, I still wasn't allowed to go with them to search for her. So here I am, staying at the headquarters with... him.

"Shouldn't you be helping them as well, Seth? You don't have any reason to stay here."

"Orders are orders, remember? Whether we like it or not, we have to to follow what she says or do you want to make the same mistake again."

"Don't remind me that..."

I said as I grunted a bit and looked outside through the window. It's dark and raining, it'll be hard to find her at this point. Soon I heard a knock on the door and looked at Seth as he looked back at me. I then stood up and walked to the door then slowly opened it. As soon as I saw the person, my eyes widened with tears and started streaming down my face.

"... You're... You're alive... "

I said shakingly as I pulled her into a hug and didn't mind if she was soaked by the rain. I was just really glad she came back safe.