Chapter 9: Unwanted Guest

Ruka's POV

After I was teleported back to the headquarters, they were surprised that I was the only one who came back. Techna was already crying at that time, she already knew of what happened to the General. Monica was confused at first, since Techna was crying and wasn't able to form any words, she wasn't able to tell it to her. I told her that he, the General, was already gone. She didn't believe me at first, until Seth walked in while carrying Shara behind her. She was still conscious but her eyes were blank, she was totally broken after what happened.

As soon as Monica noticed that as well, she ordered me to take Shara to her room and I responded with action quickly. As I got to her room, I laid her down in her bed. I sat down on a chair then tried comforting her as much as I could, but nothing seemed to work. Weeks passed since that incident happened in the Great Clock, and everything just suddenly changed. There were no threats from Dr. Redmond but there's this negativity now in the air.

The headquarters has been silent for quite some time now, none of us spoke to each other after the funeral of the General. Techna keeps herself occupied with technologies, Monica's been training on her own, and Shara...haven't left her room ever since. I tried knocking, waiting outside by her door a couple of days before I gave up and finally left her alone. Now, I'm just here, outside, sitting alone on a bench to try to clear things off my mind, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

"What should I do?"

I asked myself before I sighed. I then looked down at the ground seeing a small flower then soon it flew away by the breeze. I suddenly stand up and follow it. Soon, I was taken in a familiar yet such sad place to be. I was silent at first before I continued to walk in front of the statue. I then kneeled down to look at the words engraved in the stone. General Alessio. To few, he was a Villain who tried paying the lives of many just for selfish reasons, To many he was a Hero trying to protect the people he loved.

Seeing this again just made me feel heavy once again. I slowly stood back up to look at the statue once more before I sighed and was about to walk away but stopped as I heard a woman say,

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

I slowly looked at her and thought she was someone else at first. She has short black hair, and green eyes, her appearance looks the same age as me, wearing a fluffy coat and holding a bunch of white lilies. I stared at her for a while before saying,

"Y-yeah..."

I then looked down and couldn't think of anything else to say. I soon noticed that she kneels down and puts the white lilies below the statue before she spoke once more.

"I'm just glad he was surrounded by such amazing people... thank you for being there for him."

"... I don't think you should thank me for that. I wasn't there for him when he needed me, and now he's gone, but I'm still here."

"...He knew he wasn't going to make it. But I don't think... he regretted his choice. Because a hero would understand that there wasn't really a choice to make. And so... a hero he chose to become in the end."

I stared at her in surprise before looking at the statue while wiping the tears that started streaming down my face.

"... If that's the case, then I guess I should continue what he left behind."

"Thank you."

The last words she said before hearing Techna calling my name. I looked at her with a comforting smile, before looking at the woman but she was already gone though the white lilies were still there. Techna then walked to me, and before she could speak a word she became silent as she looked at the statue.