Chapter 6: Trust and Time

Morning came the next day, there was no shouting from our leader but the three of us were already in the dining room. Breakfast was already served at the table but no leader. We then noticed a note she left, saying that she went with my uncle for something important. That was new. I've never seen my uncle being with someone other than me.

"I hope your uncle can stand her... Loudness."

"I'm sure they'll be fine, Ruka."

"You're starting to sound like her a bit."

"Well, as second in command, I guess you're right about that."

"Just don't start shouting..."

"Don't worry I won't... Probably."

"What was that last part?"

"Nothing nothing... Let's just eat."

We started eating our breakfasts then I noticed that Techna hadn't touched her food and had this worried look on her face. I looked at Ruka as he looked at me before he asked her.

"Hey... You okay Techna?"

"Y-yeah I'm just... not that comfortable without Monica around."

"That kind of makes sense since you two were already together before I joined and most of the time you hang out with her more than Shara and I."

"I-is... Is it that obvious?"

"What is?"

"D-don't play dumb! Y-you know what I mean!"

This is the first time I've seen Techna's face turn red and hear her voice that loud. But I wasn't able to catch up with what she's talking about. Until I noticed Ruka with that devilish smirk on his face.

"So... It's true, huh? Does she already know it yet?"

"N-no... not yet I mean."

"Well, when she gets back here tonight, I'm sure you'll have that confidence to tell it right up on her face... but in an explosive way though."

"I-it's not that easy!... You haven't told your love yet with S-"

Ruka quickly shoves food into Techna's mouth as he looks at me with a nervous smile. I then had this grim look on my face as I stood up.

"I see... guess I should have seen that sooner."

"H-huh?... W-what do you mean?"

"No wonder you were shouting last night while you were with your uncle. I understand now."

"... You... you do?"

"Yeah, You're in love with that person who Techna was about to say... though I don't think Monica will like that idea."

"Hey don't worry about it, I'll do whatever it takes to change her mind."

He said with full confidence before I started laughing loudly as Techna follows, he looks at me then at Techna in confusion.

"I can't... I can't believe you would actually prove to Monica that you love Seth! Monica was right about the script, it actually worked!"

"Script? What script?!"

"O-oh that... Something Monica and I wrote last night to make fun of you... You should have seen your face, it was hilarious!"