Chapter 10: Questioning Destiny

"The stars sure are beautiful tonight, don't you think, Shara?"

"Yeah... Also how's your injury? Does it still hurt, Ruka?"

"Nah, it's fine... Woah- hey- don't cry, I'm fine really."

Remembering when Ruka and I were still kids made me realize that I was such a crying baby back then, well until now probably but not that much. This place, this cliff with only one tree separated from the rest, is where we made such good memories. But here I am, standing alone silently. Though last night, I wasn't expecting to see him here at that time. He was probably wandering off in the forest, and noticing the black that covered his hand, something probably happened. But I already took care of it while he was sleeping.

"...It's really cold nowadays, I guess Fall is drawing near, huh?"

I said while looking at the sky before looking at my hand and removed my glove, seeing it covered in black.

"I did what I must for your sake, Ruka... I don't want to lose you too because of me."

Recalling the incident once again weighs down my heart. If only I'd listened to him, if only I didn't ask, if only I continued being blind from from the truth, he would probably be standing here instead. It's all in the past now, I can't change it, all I can do is Continue. After thinking it all, I then sighed and put my hand on the pocket of my fluffy jacket. I then soon started thinking about something else, something to say to Ruka once we see each other again.

"I know I've shut you out for weeks now after the incident. I've just needed some time for myself, that's all... I hope you don't take this the wrong way..."

I said before realizing that is sounded and felt a bit stupid. I sighed and was about to lay down in the ground but stopped as soon as I heard his voice saying,

"I understand that."

I screamed a bit in surprise before looking at him and asked shakily.

"H-how long have you been standing there?"

"... Few minutes, and just heard what you just said."

He said with the following awkward laugh while scratching the back of his head. He then walks to me with a comforting smile and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"I understand that you need some time alone, though I was a bit stubborn at first and tried knocking on your door a couple of times. Probably why you started going here instead, huh? But since I found you here last night you're probably going to-"

"What- No no- I'm not going anywhere else just because you found me here, and I'm not going to ask you to leave either... I'm... I'm actually glad now that you're here."

His eyes widened in surprise with a bit of blush on his face as I blushed as well and looked away in embarrassment. Soon he chuckles a little and pulls me to a hug, my eyes widened and I started to blush even more.

"I've missed you too."

Tears started to stream down my face as I hugged him back with one arm and buried my face on his chest for a few minutes before looking at him and said,

"... I'm fine... Sorry."

He then gave me a comforting smile as he wipes my tears away while saying in reply,

"Shara... smile."

I nodded at him as I tried to calm down before giving him a small smile. We then sit down on the ground side by side, as we look up at the sky, not minding his arm around mine. I then looked down and soon he noticed and asked,