Chapter Five

Funke, Chidinma, Raymond and I were currently sitting at a table in the cafeteria, it's been two days after Funke's resumption and it's still hard to believe her parents are not aware of her enrollment here.

"Wow, this spag's tasty, I think I'll get another plate" Raymond said licking his fingers, he had licked his plate clean also.

"Eww, that's gross you made me lose my appetite" Funke said pushing her plate away scrunching up her face.

"Abeg, Madam I don't know who you're forming Americana for here, if you no wan chop abeg give me, you know say I no like may dem dey waste food" Chidinma said taking the plate and adding it to her own.

"Ray...., where's he?" I asked searching for him when I realized he was no more at the table.

"He's gone to get another round" Funke supplied standing up and adjusting her skirt. "See you in class"

"You're really serious?, you don't wanna eat again?" I asked her with disbelief.

"Yeah"

"But you barely touched your food" I glanced at her food which Chidinma was already helping her self with, she had eaten almost nothing.

"I'll just get some snacks to eat later I really can't stand Ray's eating habit" She said walking off, if I didn't know her I would have sworn her crush is nearby.

"Chichi, are you sure you can finish it?" I asked looking at Funke's appetizing
Jollof rice.

"See this one oh, when I was carrying it you were looking at me somehow, now you want to eat it, come and eat it lemme see" she said mixing the rice with the spag, talk about eww, I wonder what kind of weird friends I have.

Ray arrived with another plate of spaghetti, I stared at him in disbelief.

"Ray are you sure you can finish this food? This is the third plate you're eating now oh"

"Abeg leave me jare, if you wan chop tell me I go give you chop" He said eating his food,

"Who told you I want to eat? If I want to eat, don't I have money to eat, besides you know I don't like spag, I'm just thinking you're wasting your money"

"Chai, Igbo blood, which one is wasting money on food that'll still enter your stomach?" He said in between mouthfuls, he had almost finished the third plate while I'm still on my egg roll and coca-cola.

"Abeg, if you wan talk no bring my tribe matter inside" Chidinma said raising her hands dramatically.

I quickly excused myself, cause I'm not in the mood to settle any of their childish quarrel, sometimes I wonder if they could stay a day without quarrelling.

*************

Chidinma and I were sent to get something from the staffroom and she was busy telling me about her crush that is resuming on Monday.

Aswear, I was already tired of hearing about these mystery boys, since Linda announced they were resuming on Monday the whole class had been talking about it Ella and her minions were talking about how neat their uniforms were gonna be and wearing almost unnoticeable make-up.

They were called the J crew or something like that, I know you're thinking what kind of stupid name is that, that was what I was wondering oh, and everyone thinks it's cool.

"Anna, you're here" she asked waving her hands in front of my face.

"Huh?"

"Are you even listening to me?" She huffs, folding her hands on her chest dramatically and shaking her head.