Chapter Fourteen

This chapter Is dedicated to Windicindi Thanks for the help 😘

#Unedited

Brianna Anthony

   I blinked back the tears that threatened to spill as I sat on the toilet seat, I ran my hands through my short hair frustration and anger.

He's here

David's here!

So he thinks he can just barge into my life anyhow he wants ba?

I bit my lower lip to prevent the scream building up in me.

Honestly it feels so surreal like it's so hard to believe he's really here! It feels like I'm in a weird dream or something like that, its incredible.

How could he just show up all of a sudden? Just when I thought I had gotten over the heartbreak and forgotten all about him.

He just showed up and ruined everything, emotions I had tried to bury the past months came back with full force.

A tear slid down my left cheek, I subconsciously wiped it off with my left hand, I stared at the tear in my hand blankly.

I was crying but I couldn't understand why? I thought I had stopped crying over him a long time ago.

Honestly it still hurts, like mad. I had to watch him date Becca after I had confessed my feelings to him and he rejected me flat out, hell he even made fun of me with his friends.

But still part of me was still wishing he came because of me, while a bigger part of me was trying to stay angry at him.

So you can see that I'm a confused human being.

I heard footsteps outside and I paused listening to know who it was, after some minutes I heard a knock on the door.

"Osinachi" Funke's voice called softly.

I sniffled in reply

"Are you in there?" She asked gently.

I sniffled in reply

"Osinachi is that you?" She asked again her voice rising a little higher than before.

She didn't wait for me to sniffle in reply this time, the door flung open revealing her slim figure she rushed inside bending beside me.

"Ossy are you crying?" She asked calmly, there was hint of anger in her voice.

I stared blankly at her another tear running down my right cheek.

"Don't tell me it's because of that good for nothing idiot you're crying" she asked

I stared ahead not bothering to answer her, wiping the other tear that escaped my eyelids.

She sighed deeply "Ossy..." She started softly, her left hand moving to touch my cheeks "How many times will I tell you that heartless fool does not deserve your tears? He's not worth it Ossy" she said gently.

I slowly removed her hands from my cheeks and turned my face away from her.

"But... What... what if " my voice came out hoarse breaking at each word I said, my eyes watering.

" 'What if what' Ossy?" She asked raising her voice in frustration running her hands furiously through her hair.

"What if he came back for me?" I asked with hope, just maybe everything would be fine if he'd just love me back.