Chapter Four

#unedited#

This chapter is dedicated to LazypenNaija for the amazing cover .

 ____________________________________________

  As usual no teacher was in the class when Raymond and I entered, I was so happy he got to seat beside me at my left.

"Anna!" Chidinma shouted immediately she saw me.

I gave her an annoyed look, I hate it when people call me Anna, I tried telling her I preferred Bri but she refused she started calling me Anna when she heard Daniel calling me that, trust me now! I started calling her Chichi which annoyed her.

"What?"

"Ahn ahn, are we fighting? This one that you're squeezing face like Eba wey don sour, I hope all is well?"
(Like Eba that has turned sour)

"If all is not well how is that your concern?" I asked placing my bag gently beside my locker bringing out my books and arranging them neatly in my locker.

"Wow it seems like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, anyway when did you get your uniform? It really fits you oh, it brought out your curves and it's not like our own that's twice our size makes us look like we are wearing our mother's hand me down's" She said scrunching up her nose,

"Chichi, you have started oh, you that your uniform is your perfect size you're still complaining what do you expect people in JSS one to say?" I asked her, the students in JSS one their uniforms are a sight to see, Their shirts were so big that it could be called thrice their size if there's any word like that not to mention their skirts, it was almost reaching their toes, Just one of them passing by is enough to make an angry person burst into laughter.

"Those ones! God forbid I ever get to wear something like that, it's not the tailors fault it's that big for them, they are extremely small, I don't think I was that small In JSS one"

Someone cleared his throat and I turned to see Raymond frowning disapprovingly at me.

"So you saw your friend and you forgot about me ehn?, No even introductions" he said with a mock hurt tone placing his hands on his chest dramatically, "I feel so loved!"

I gave him a smack on the jaw.

"Ouch, that hurts are you always this violent" He asked rubbing his jaw.

I rolled my eyes

"So Raymond, this is Chidinma my friend, and Chidinma, this is Raymond"

"Nice to meet you" Chidinma said taking Raymond's outstretched hand.

"My pleasure!" He said playfully bowing his head in mock courtesy.

"Are you ever serious?" I asked curiously?

"It depends" he grinned winking at me.

*************

  THE NEXT DAY

I Arrived at school early because Aunty Amanda made sure I took the other car to school, she was so furious when she heard I walked to school yesterday and more like relieved no one noticed.

This morning, I was trying to walk out more like sneak out of the gate when the gate man stopped me saying he received strict orders from Aunty Amanda that I should not be allowed to leave if I decided to go on foot.

Grumbling I entered the car frowning like a child that lost her biscuit and flopped down on the chair muttering profanities under my breath.

Sensing my foul mood the driver decided to leave me alone which I was grateful for and only talked when he had to inform me that we had arrived at school.

I gathered my things and fled out of the car slamming the door shut for effect, The driver shook his head mumbling something like children of nowadays before zooming off. I squinted my eyes as I noticed a familiar figure coming out of the principal's office, I blinked hoping my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

"Funke!" I called out unsure.

She turned and I gasped when I saw her face, it was really her!

I pinched my self to check if I was dreaming or not, I yelped in pain and I knew I wasn't dreaming.

Olufunke is really here!

"Osinachi!" She screamed enveloping me in a bear hug, I hugged her tightly, Osinachi is my middle name, I did not know when tears slipped from my eyes, my best friend's here, she is really here.

"You are choking me!" I croaked out desperately in need of air.

"Sorry" she said releasing me from the hug, "it's just that I've missed you" she said wiping off a tear from my cheeks with her thumb.

"What are you doing here?" I asked curiously, I knew my best friend she could be really crazy sometimes "Hope you've not done something this time" I asked my hands going to my waist looking at her critically as if to detect something from her face.

"Ahn ahn, don't you trust me?" She laughed nervously "Nawa oo"

Hmm she has really done something wrong

"What did you do this time?" I asked sternly.

"I may or nay have not changed schools without my parents knowledge" she said guiltily fiddling with her skirt.

"I knew it, Wait! You changed schools without your father's knowledge? Who signed your form for you?" I asked curiously.

"It's not like Dad would care anyway, I got Sharon to sign it for me, besides the good thing's that my father paid a couple of millions into Sharon's account for my school fees at Bright stars, She paid for the session and settled every thing then transfered seven hundred thousand into my account for my upkeep, so what matters is... I'm loaded" She said tapping her pockets, Sharon's her nanny.

I laughed, I really missed her.

"So where are you going to stay"

"I'm a boarder"

"Anyway, now I'm here and I get to be with you, what was it? Like a year it was so unbearable without you" She said with a grimace like she was remembering the worst moment of her life. Aswear this girl can exaggerate for Africa.

"Funke! Something that was about three months that you're saying a year"

"Even though those three months were hell it was like three years for me, despite knowing what you passed through, Abeg come and show me my class joh" she said.

"Okay oh, let's go" I said happily pulling her towards the class.

I sure missed my best friend.

______________________________________

A/N

So guys another chapter! 😌

Eba is food made from cassava flakes, if I'm not mistaken

And Aswear, abeg, and Jor are just exclamations

So that's our new character Funke, she's crazy right.

Change schools without your parents knowledge you're dead for sure.

Sorry the chapter's short, I just wanted to post something.

Please vote and put a smile on this little girl's face

Stay safe

Stay at home.

Till the next chapter

Love you😘❤💗💖💋