Chapter Nine

A/N : Wait lemme start by doing the happy dance. 💃💃💃

You guys are amazing! 900 + reads and 260+ votes.

I was like am I dreaming?

Thanks guys.

This chapter is dedicated to every one who voted and commented on this story. Love y'all 😘😘😘

Now to the chapter.

_______________________________________

"What!!!" I exclaimed almost falling out of my chair my eyes probably the size of saucers as I shook my head vehemently.

"No oh! I can't, it's not me and you oh" I added shaking my head munching on my delicious Chin chin.

"Buh, it's gonna be fun nau" Funke cajoled giving me the puppy eyes.

"Funke! even you? Shebi you said weren't gonna do it before? I thought you were with me on this" I asked with disbelief.

"Well on a second thought, it isn't really a bad idea as far as it's gonna put that Emma or whatever she calls herself in her place" she said with distaste.

"Please" Chidinma pouted.

No, no I'm not falling for that innocent face.

"Pretty please with cherry on top" she added.

If you like add strawberry, all I know is I'm not singing.

"Please" Funke begged. I softened and was about to say yes but on a second thought, me I cannot go and disgrace my self there oh, I shook my head smiling "NO"

It's like they noticed my change in demeanor because their expressions became hopeful.

"Please" they said in unison giving me the innocent look.

I smiled, I already knew I wasn't gonna win this, it was two against one.

"Okay" I said reluctantly.

"Yay!" Chichi squealed excitedly earning harsh glances from the class. She quietened down a bit with a sober look.

"Yay" she mouthed jumping on her seat in excitement. I shook my head this girl is really a character.

"So you really agreed to sing? Thank God I'm not a girl, I can't sing oh" Raymond said pulling a chair to sit in front of us.

Their heads snapped in his direction immediately as Funke sent him a death glare.

"Who told you that?" Chichi shrieked playfully. "In fact you're adliping it for us sef" she replied, matter-of-factly with a mock serious look on her face.

"Me?" He scoffed "It's like you don't know who you're talking about"

Funke glowered at him "You're singing and it's final" she said dismissively.

"Don't I have a say in this?" He asks playfully but when he caught the matching glares on Chidinma and Funke's faces respectively he sobered up immediately putting on a serious look. I chuckled softly.

It was extremely funny to see him this sober cause he's hardly ever serious.

I doubled over, clutching my stomach and clamping my hands over my mouth to prevent the sound of my laughter attracting attention.

I was hitting my desk continuously teary eyed when I realized that the class was silent, everyone glaring at me. The laughter died down in my throat and I put on a blank look picking up a novel trying hard not to squirm under their unwavering gazes.