Chapter Twelve

#Unedited#

"Ehen Funke, I wanted to ask but I forgot how did you manage to even get out of school sef?" We were already at the market and Funke was super excited because this was her first time in a local market and the first time she entered keke, yeah she made me take keke cause she had never been in one before but left for me I would have taken a bike.

"I thought boarders couldn't leave the school compound?" I added. I knew she would be in serious trouble if the school authority found out that she sneaked out of school, Funke was always one for causing trouble but her Dad was always there to clear her mess by bribing the school authority but considering the fact that her Dad's still not aware of her changing schools and Sharon wouldn't be able to do that she would really be in trouble this time.

"Abeg, allow person rest jor, that place is like prison, somebody cannot even go where he likes, see places that I've not been to before and you are talking about school rules and regulations, which dirty rules and regulations make the rules ynash down abeg" She said waving excitedly at a man selling rice, The man had a blank expression on his face as if he to say who is this one?

I shook my head smiling
"Rules are made for your safety Funky" wow that sounds great, how did I ever not think of that?

She shook her head negatively "Rules are made to be broken dear, if there weren't any rules in the first place then they'll be nothing to break then it'll be no fun" she said frowning. "And Funky? Like seriously! When did you start calling me that?" She asked with a grimace.

I grinned congratulating my self for coming up with such a great nickname.

"Funky, don't you like it?" I asked grinning toothily.

"You come up with the worst nicknames ever" she replied with a shudder "Remember the time you started calling me Funkiliscious? She added.

"Yes" I said smiling sheepishly "what do you expect nau, I was still young and naive then, we were about what!... Ten?"

"Eight" she corrected.

Those times were crazy mehn! I remember calling her weird names like Funkelolo and funkesco Hey! Don't give me that look, that was eight year me trying to be cool, You needed to see the look on her face when I called her Funkelolo for the first time she had this weirded out expression on her face and I remember her frowning and sulking all day that she did not like my cool nickname, as unbelievable as it sounds it took me days to come up with that nickname yeah, I admit it, I kinda suck at nicknames.

"Funky, you remember the time I started calling you Funkelolo?" I asked her a smile slowly creeping onto my face

"Yeah" she said with a grimace.

I burst into laughter while stared at me accusingly "It wasn't funny then oh, remember when you called me that in front of my crush when I was trying to be cool? It was like I should crawl into a hole and just die"

My laughter doubled why she scowled at me.

"Stay there and be laughing like mumu under this hot sun, me I want to do quick and get out of here oh! The sun is burning my beautiful skin"

"Beautiful skin ko glorious skin ni, see this one oh! When I am even the one that is supposed to be complaining about my skin"

She glared at me as I burst into another round of laughter, she snatched the list from my hands her face dissolving into a scowl.

"I like my skin like that" he said unfolding the paper.

"You know if you keep frowning like that you might actually become ugly?" I stated matter-of-factly .