Chapter Fifteen

#Unedited#

This chapter is dedicated to amanda4122 thanks for recommending my book love 😘
😅 My first book recommendation 😇

________________________________________________

   I sighed for the umpteenth time as I glanced out the window, wondering why Funke was taking this long in there, Did she do something wrong?

What could she possibly have done for her the principal to send for her? It's well known that you could only be summoned by the principal for two things! Either you have done something terribly wrong that deserves suspension or expulsion or for good news which was kinda rare.

So it's definitely that she was in trouble all I praying for was that she wouldn't be suspended or expelled.

I shot out of my seat when I saw someone opening the principal's office but it was the Maths teacher that came out. Sighing in disappointment I took my seat but kept my eyes glued to the window in hopes that she'd come out soon.

I let out a yelp in surprise when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder, I heaved a sigh of relief when I saw it was only Chichi, I placed my left hand on my chest to calm my heart that was beating rapidly.

"What?" I asked her my eyes glued to the window.

"This one that you're acting as if you're acting as if your butt is on fire, I hope all is well?" She asked with a hint of amusement in her tone.

"I no blame you nau! It's not your fault, I'm just checking to see if Funke's out yet" I said looking out the window apprehensively.

"You worry too much she's gonna be....." I jumped out of my seat when I saw the door to the principal's office open, Funke's very furious mum stormed out of the office slamming the door behind her while pulling a wincing Funke by the ear with her.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding my shoulders slumping in relief, as far as Funke's mom was here then whatever trouble she had gotten herself into has been resolved.

  I didn't know when I left the class, I just found myself skipping down the stairs happily, when I got to where they stood I relaxed on a pillar to watch the unfolding drama. Mother and daughter were so engrossed in their staring down contest that they didn't notice I was standing there.

Her mom's eyes were communicating a message that didn't quite sit down with the younger girl, she was glaring down at her while Funke stubbornly held her gaze with a determined look on her face.

Funke first broke the eye contact, her facial features morphing into an expression that portrayed exaggerated pain and displeasure as she rubbed her sore ear.

"Funke... Funke... Funke! How many times did I call you?" She asked glaring at her.

She mumbled something under her breath shifting nervously from one foot to another, her eyes anywhere but on the fuming woman in front of her.

  "When I talk to you you answer immediately" she snapped "I said how many time did I call you?" She asked in a dangerously low tone.

Funke's mom was really scary when she gets angry, I'm sure Funke was about to wet her self being at the receiving end of her intimidating and heated glare.

"Three times ma" Her voice was slightly above a whisper, If one wasn't careful you wouldn't have heard that she even said something at all.

"What did you say?"

"Three times ma" She replied timidly, this time her voice was shriller and higher than before.

I suppressed a giggle, it's not every day you see Funke this scared and intimidated, it was the other way round she isn't even afraid of the principal, I think the only people she was scared of was God and her mother.

"You will not kill me oh! Funke I said you would not kill me! Ehn what is it? Are you the the only child I have? Tell me Olufunke were you the only child I gave birth to?"

"No ma" she replied quietly wringing her fingers nervously, her eyes trained on the floor.

"Wait! Am I the only person with children in this world, Why is it that you always get in trouble every school you attend?"

"You know what? Go get your bag and things, you're leaving this school right now" She said with a voice that commanded compliance.

"No!" She countered stubbornly.

"I said go get your things!" She said enunciating the words slowly as if talking to a toddler.

"And I said No" she replied slowly, it seemed like she had gained her confidence cause she was staring back at her mother.

"You know what? If you continue with this obdurate attitude of yours and make me any angrier, I might have to involve your Dad in this and trust me when I say it's not gonna be funny, You know your Dad he's going to come down here and drag you out of here himself" Funke's face paled when her mom mentioned her Dad "Forget your things I'll get new ones for you, let's go I've discussed with the principal" She added softly.

She remained unmoving although she didn't vocalize her thoughts, it was glaringly obvious she didn't want to go anywhere with her mother from her stance.

"This is all Sharon's fault isn't it? Just know she has lost her job"

I gasped, Her mom knew how much Sharon meant to Funke. She was more than a mother to Funke and Me, She had taken care of Funke and her elder brother right from day one of their birth.

"No mom, leave Sharon out of this, she doesn't have anything to do with my changing schools, If anything she tried to talk me out of changing schools. I decided to come here on my own free will" she shook her head, she was already at the brink of tears and Funke hardly ever cries.

"Actually it's my fault" Both heads snapped in my direction, I detached my self from the pillar I was relaxing on and walked towards them.

"Bri?"

"It was my fault, she changed schools because of me and I didn't even try to talk her into going back to Lagos instead I was happy and now she's getting into trouble all because of me, if anyone should take the blame it should be me not Sharon or Funke, so please don't sack Sharon" Her eyes softened and she turned to Funke

"Funke! Why didn't you tell me you came because of Bri?"

___________________________________________

A/N: Hey lovelies! Guess who it is 😅 how are my sweet potatoes doing?

I know it's boring but this part is kinda important,

😌 it's been months since I updated, I hope you you are not angry with me?

Okay you are not? 😂😂😂 I can come out of my hiding place ba?

School is resuming on Monday oh! I'll try to balance my studies with wattpad but don't worry! I'll update on weekends 😄

😬 I can't help but worry about next year, WAEC, NECO, MOCK, JAMB 😢 oh boy! It's gonna be tough, but when I get there I'll cross the bridge.

And thanks for the 3.75k reads and 1k votes 😪
A gal is grateful.

Now 👊 that 🌟 in the face and put a smile on my face.

Stay safe 😷

Love ya 😘💗💝💟💓💖💋

Signing out 👌

Your favourite gal

Favour 😇.