You And Me (We Wanted It All)

You and me, we wanted it all we wanted it all
Passion without pain, sunshine without rainy days
We wanted it always

You and me, we reached for the sky, the limit was high
Never giving in, certain we could win that prize
I should have seen it in your eyes

Look how all our dreams came true
See how I've got me and, baby, you've got you
Through it all, just one thing died
A little thing called love, something deep inside

You and me, we're not like the rest, we once were the best
Back when we were dumb, how did we become so smart
And learn to break each other's heart?

Look how all our dreams came true
See how I've got me, baby, you've got you
Through it all, just one thing died
A little thing called love, something deep inside

You and me, we're not like the rest, we once were the best
But look what we became, isn't it a cryin' shame
That we almost made it?

But we wanted it all
Baby, you and me
We wanted it all

"Good morning Asher!"

"Good morning din po Yaya Luring!" Sarah greeted her yaya as she wakes up from her five hour sleep. She stifles a yawn and sat straight as her nanny puts down her breakfast in bed.

"What time is it yaya?"

"It's seven a.m. Enough time para makapagprepare ka for your meeting with your dad. Alam mo naman ang daddy mo, laging hinahabol ang oras."

"Thank you yaya for waking me up ha. Napuyat nga ako kagabi sa pag-aayos ng report just make sure everything will be perfect. At kapag si daddy ka-meeting ko, bumababa confidence ko, kaya I had to make sure walang palpak."

"Hija, hanggang ngayon ba naman kinakabahan ka pa rin sa daddy mo? Dalawang taon mo na siyang kasama sa opisina hindi ka pa rin nasasanay sa pagiging istrikto nya?"

"Ewan ko ba yaya bakit kapag si daddy ang kaharap ko, I feel like I have to prove to him always na kaya ko. Na hindi ako mahina at walang silbi. Na hindi ako katulad ni mommy," malungkot na turan ni Asher.

Napailing si Yaya Luring."Hay naku bata ka! Kung anu-ano na naman iniisip mo. Wala kang dapat patunayan sa daddy mo. Mahal ka niya, tandaan mo yan. Mabuti pa kainin mo na itong inihanda kong pagkain at nang makapag-ayos ka na. Baka mahuli ka pa sa opisina. Maiwan muna kita at aasikasuhin ko ang damit na isusuot mo."

"Sige po yaya." At malungkot na inumpisahan ni Asher ang kanyang pagkain.

Siya si Sarah Asher Geronimo, 23 years old, solong anak ng bilyonaryong si Don Delfin Geronimo, isa sa mga pinakamayamang businessman sa buong Pilipinas pati na sa Asya. Pero kahit solong anak at mayaman, hindi siya lumaking spoiled brat, bagkus mabait, matalino pero insecure, insecure sa pagmamahal ng ama. Lumaki siyang walang ina at ni minsan, sa pakiramdam nya, ay hindi siya minahal ng kanyang ama. Nagkaisip na siyang kasa-kasama si Yaya Luring. Lumaki siyang palaging ang nasa isip ay patunayan sa kanyang daddy na she's worth his love. She graduated magna cum laude from Saint Paul's University taking up Business Administration, sa kagustuhan na rin ng kanyang ama. During the years she was in school she was in her best behavior, walang boyfriend, walang barkada at walang bisyo. Lahat ginawa nya at patuloy na ginagawa para lamang maramdaman ang pagmamahal ng isang ama.

But until now, pakiramdam niya, wala pa rin. "But I won't stop", Asher said to herself while putting on her make up, "because he's my father and I love him."

"Okay, that's it for now, meeting adjourned", Don Delfin said as he dismisses the board members.

"Asher, you stay, we still need to discuss something."

Asher sat back on her seat as her father pour some scotch and drank it straightforward while looking outside from 60th floor of the building owned itself by the Geronimo's.

"Dad, isn't it too early for drinking? It's only 11 a.m. and it's really bad for your health. Kagagaling mo lang sa sakit plus the doctor said..."

"Pfft....this is nothing. And I'm fine!"

"But daddy.."

"Stop it Asher or I just might change my mind."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I will change my mind of assigning you my position if you don't stop pestering me about my health."

"You're what?!"

"I was thinking of appointing you temporarily as the Chairman and President of the company while I go on leave. Of course, it depends on the vote of the board if they accepts my proposal, though, it really doesn't count since we own the majority shares. Still, I can change my mind and instead of you, I might appoint Erik Santos for the position."

Her concern for her father's health was immediately overshadowed by her anger of his cruelness to her. She deserves that position, even temporarily. Over the two years since she worked with him, she did nothing but prove to him and to everyone in the company, especially the board members, that she's a no nonsense woman. She climbed to her position now as VP Finance with all her best. She did not use her name to get on top. Her father knows it and everybody knows it. She deserves that position indeed.

And Erik Santos? Her father really knows how to belittle her. Erik Santos is the Asst.VP-Marketing. He's a relative of one of the board members and everyone knows how he got his position. He knows nothing but brag about his accomplishments and his women.

"Really daddy? Erik Santos? You must be kidding me."

"He has potentials and it will be good opportunity for him.

"But I deserve it! You know I deserve that position!"

"Then better prove it."

"How long you'll be gone?"

"Around six months. May aasikasuhin lang ako sa Austria."

"Austria? What are you going to do in Austria?"

"Will you stop questioning me Asher and just concentrate on your new position? But don't think just because I'm on leave, I will not know what's happening. You will report to me all, especially the progress of our mall construction in Southern Luzon."

"Of course, Mr.President."

Don Delfin glares at his daughter. He knows it when she calls him like that. She's angry at him. He's just actually testing her when he told her about Erik Santos. No way he will leave his company to a man like him. The position is for her. He got the approval from the board without any objection. Everybody thinks Asher deserves the position, even the one who still thinks women are supposed to stay at home.

He finally decided to get a rest for a while. And he got worried about his health. Unknown to Asher, he will go to Vienna, Austria for his heart operation as his doctor strongly advised. And also, to meet Divine, Asher's mother.

He instilled in his daughter's mind that her mother was dead. She didn't know Divine is still alive and currently living in Zalsburg,Austria. After his operation, he will go and meet her and ask her forgiveness. After his first heart attack, he suddenly felt afraid of what might happen. What might happen to Asher if he's gone. So he decided not to waste time correcting all his mistakes, starting with his wife.

"Your appointment will be official effective Monday next week. By that time, I already flew to Vienna", he said to her as he sits down to his swivel chair. " You may go now."

As she leaves the office with a heavy heart, he stops her, "Siyanga pala, do attend the party of Henry Tan on Friday. It's his wedding anniversary and I forgot about it. It's the same time as my flight so ikaw na lang ang pumunta".

As she looks at her father, she saw the tiredness and weariness in his eyes. How she wanted to run to him and hug him and tell him "I love you". But no, her father won't like it. He'll get angry if she shows any weakness especially in front of him.. So instead, she closes the door and walks back to her office with tears in her eyes.