Scarlet Spider x Reader

commission by axerrri

Your eyes fluttered open and almost immediately, you were blinded by the bright lights above your head. You felt a sharp pain in your side, stopping you from sitting up on what appeared to be a bed. You used your hands to cover your eyes, groaning in pain, and realizing that your ears were ringing loudly. You clenched your teeth to overcome the pain. God, what happened? Where were you?

"Agent [y/n]? Agent [y/n], can you hear me?" someone asked right next to you. You hesitantly nodded.

"...Yeah," you confirmed, moving your hands away and opening your eyes again only to see a doctor next to you.

"That's good. Now, do you know where you are?" he asked you. You frowned, looking around.

"I..." you muttered. The place seemed familiar, but you couldn't quite place it in your memory.

"It's the Shield's infirmary. Building number 4," he explained, waiting for you to piece it together before continuing with his questions. "Do you remember why you got here?" he asked. You thought for a moment before turning to look him in the eyes.

"...Hydra," you whispered, realizing that it was them who attacked you. He nodded. "I- we still need to stop them, they're-" you started to ramble and attempted to sit up only for him to push you back down.

"Don't worry, [y/n]. It's taken care of already. A couple of days passed since you got here. Fury sent the Web Warriors there, the danger's gone. ...But you were really brave back there, [y/n]. Do you need anything now?" he asked you. You hesitated for a moment, letting everything sink in.

"...Can I get some painkillers? Everything hurts," you complained. Without another word, the doctor handed you a bottle of them and a cup of water. "...Thanks."

"You're welcome. You should rest now, though," he instructed, taking the empty cup away from you. You nodded.

"Yeah, I know..." you muttered, closing your eyes and waiting for the pain to dull enough to let you sleep. It happed faster than you expected it to, so soon enough you were resting again.

You woke up again a couple of hours later and your pain was almost not there. You managed to sit up and run your hand through your hair a couple of times before the doctor noticed you. He didn't insist you lie down again, but instead smiled upon seeing you sitting up on your own. He walked over and handed you a new cup of water, which you carefully took off his hands.

"Thanks, Doc," you smiled, taking a couple of sips.

"Of course. I have to go get more bandages now, alright? I'll come back in a minute or two," he explained, waiting for you to give him back the cup. You nodded and handed it back.

"Alright," you said. Without saying much more, he set the cup down and left.

He left the door slightly open, so instead of lying back down, you decided to watch other doctors, patients, and visitors pass it. For a moment nothing interesting happened, but then you saw him. Scarlet Spider. Ben. He wasn't wearing his mask, which was surprising enough, but he also seemed really sad. Instead of his usual grumpy face, his expression was showing actual sorrow. His leg was bandaged, so you assumed that he, too, got hurt fighting Hydra. You figured you could call him over to try and talk to him. If something was really bothering him, maybe he'd tell you? You were his friend after all, right? Or at least that's what he thought about you. You'd rather be something more, but hell, being considered a friend by him was good enough.

"Uhh... Scarlet!" you called out and he froze before slowly turning to look at you.

"...[y/n]...?" he asked. You smiled nervously while waving at him.