Chapter Three- My Inner Voice Knows Me Well

He nodded mutely, and then turned around and walked to the other end of the corridor. I went back to the firefighters and nodded," He agreed to stay with me and told me to thank you for all that you have done for him."

He nodded and said "no problems". Then one of them stood up with a bag and said to me," We could salvage just this bag from the bedroom, could you please give this to him?" I nodded and smiled, "Sure"

Then one of them spoke, a bit hesitantly, "Actually, since you agreed to let him stay with you, it kind of becomes your responsibility to see that he takes care of himself, as events like this might have caused some mental harm that is not visible right now." I paled. Great. There goes my plan of kicking him out, but my inner voice confronted me," You anyway weren't going to send him away no matter how much you deny it and try to fib, the reason being you would immediately feel so guilty that you would run out into the street in the middle of the night to find him."

I ignored it, although what it was saying was true. Man, it knew me well. Then it scoffed," Well, I am you inner voice for a reason honey". Great, it was being sarcastic. I ignored it once more and nodded to the firefighters to tell them I understood it and yes I would take responsibility of him.

They packed up and left, after once more ensuring idiot's safety and thanking me. After they had left, my conscience caught up to the events that had occurred. My panicky side was screaming," Oh my god, my flat is on the same floor, what if it had also caught fire?" I rolled my eyes at that. My stupid teen girl side was screaming," Oh god. He'll be staying in the same flat as me. Those beautiful grey eyes......" I scoffed at that.

My cynical side was the one I loved the most, usually it was sensible but today even it was not in the right state of mind. It said," You were trying to do a good thing, and he probably even needed that humbling, but you could have been kinder. That was AWESOME no doubt but also pretty mean."

Oh, never mind, it was guilt tripping me right now. When I turned to my left, where idiot was standing( I really need to stop calling him that, or maybe not) and saw him looking at me with a fearful and weirded out expression.