Chapter One- I Show Some Good Manners

I woke up to the sound of fire alarms blaring, and was so startled that I fell off my bed. I got up and ran out my room, stumbling as I struggled to put on my glasses. I ran around my apartment, trying to figure out the location of the fire. It was only when I reached my front door that I realized that the alarm wasn't ringing in my house. It seemed to be in some other flat, most probably the one on my floor. I let out a sigh of relief and opened the door to be greeted by the sight of firemen using the building's emergency pipe to douse the flames in the flat opposite mine. The guy who lived in the flat stood near my door, watching while the firemen rushed in and out of the house. I was about to close my door and go back to sleep but then I changed my mind and tapped his shoulder.

He turned around to look at me and that was when I realized that I had no idea what to say and blurted out "Um... How did your flat start to burn?"

He looked at me as if I was an alien while I smacked myself mentally. Multiple times. Few minutes later, he replied" It's a long story." And left it at that. But my curiosity was awakened and anyways, I was awake anyways, why not make the best of it?

I asked him again." Did you get an injury or something 'cause I have a first aid kid in case you need it ?" Why? Because I am a kind person.He just kept ignoring me. Oh well. Have it your way. In these times, even offering help is a crime.

As we stood watching the scene, a firefighter came out and said to the guy," Is there anything specific in there that we should focus on saving?" The guy,whom I just decided to name idiot cause I didn't know his real name and he was giving me attitude, shook his head. The firefighter gave him on 'Okay' and went back to the house. I went back inside the house and rushed to my kitchen. There I made as much lemonade as I could. When I came back out, the fire seemed to be out and there were around twenty firefighters sitting tiredly in the corridor. I took the lemonade and served it to them. I have a huge respect for these people who risk their lives to save others families and properties. (Plus, my mum had taught me good manners).

I offered a glass of water to the firemen when one of them asked me" Miss, do you have an empty room by any chance?"

I replied" I think I do. Is there a need for it?"

He replied" No,not for us." Then gesturing towards idiot," That man doesn't have anywhere else to stay in this city. Cold you accommodate him?."

I shook my head and instantly replied" Unfortunately, I won't be able to do so. I'm so sorry"

He sighed and nodded.

But a few minutes later, I wondered whether my decision was a right one. I made my choice and called out"Um,Excuse me?"

A/N

Hey guys!

Let me know what you think so far!

Sorry for the short chapter!