Chapter Seven - Bang and Barge

The next morning came with a bang. Or more specifically, the bang of me falling off the couch. I'd woken up at 6:30 am and, forgetting about my current position rolled towards the side which was usually the left edge of my bed, which led to me face planting on the floor instead of the soft pillow I expected. I can safely say that was enough to wake me up.
I pushed myself off the floor and stretched, rubbing my face tiredly.
Sleeping on the couch had not done any favours for my neck. Sleepily, I made my way to the kitchen to make myself some coffee. Afterwards, sufficiently awake, I knocked on my bedroom door. Hearing no response, I knocked again.
Again, no response.
So I barged into the room to take my clothes, expecting  Kayden to still be asleep.
What I didn't expect was, to see him standing near my window, with earphones stuffed in his ears and no shirt on.
Now, I wasn't much worried usually about shirtless guys. I had a brother and a guy best friend, so I was used to it. The problem was, I hadn't expected to see him like this, so I got startled. And I yelled "Put on a damn shirt!"
He whirled around startled,and his ears turned a light pink when he saw me standing there with an eyebrow raised at him and muttered "What the actual fuck woman?!"
A few moments passed as we awkwardly looked at each other, and then, I burst out laughing.

*******************

No, I hadn't gone crazy. It was just that the sight of him, the annoying,arrogant,cocky boy looking startled and slightly blushing was so damn amusing, that I couldn't help it.
On hearing my laugh, he looked surprised for a few moments before he looked amused and looked at me questioningly and pulled out his earphones. As my laughter started showing signs of fading away, he  asked, a bit unsurely, "Are you okay? Is there something I'm missing here?"
I stood up, still smiling slightly, "I'm good. Why would you ask that?"
He raised his eyebrows at that, "No reason" and shaking his head and muttering under his breath walked towards the bed and picked up his shirt. Then as if remembering something, turned towards me, "While I know that this is your house, was there any specific reason you barged in here, or did you just do it thinking that I would be asleep to creepily stare at me? I mean, it's a bit creepy but I totally get it if yo-" and he was cut off by a pillow hitting him in the face.

A/N
Hey people!
How is everyone?
We've been added to the #projectbadassgirls reading list!!!
Wohoo!!!