IV - Fourth Night

A week passed since U.A opened again, they were working on there special moves most of the time and had a few classes from time to time, Shitsumei was a mess; not her looks but her mind, whenever she did even the easiest things; she remembers Dabi.

Every time she blind someone, she'll remember what she saw that night on the camp; and she'll blink automatically, it's been like that for the whole week now, she has already received a letter about it and she knew if things didn't get better, she'll be called out.

The more she use her quirk, the more her eyes, head, and her whole body ache, she hated that her quirk can exhaust her from head to toe.

She was trying her best to make her hearing abilities better so it can support her while fighting, after she had her night training, she went to her room with a cup of ramen at 1:21 am, Yuri was waiting for her right in front the door.

They sat on the couch together as usual, " Alexa open the TV on channel 76 " and in a matter of seconds it really was open, " after All Might retired Endeavour; the new number 1 hero finally get interviewed " a woman said on TV, " so here we have the number one hero, Endeavour " another feminine voice said.

A hum was heard and the voice continued " so how do you feel after becoming the number one hero ? ", it was dead silent for a minute, then her heart stopped " it feels weak...so pathetic... "; it was a deep cold voice, isn't that..

' knock knock ' Yuri jumped from the couch and went running to the glass door while barking happily, " Alexa put the TV on mute " Shitsumei said; getting up and opening the door.

" I missed you " his voice was calm and deep it sounded so weird and she couldn't breathe; her heart was sinking and her lungs retired, untill she realized he was talking to Yuri.

She sighed but didn't mean for it to come out this loud, she can smell his grin; literally, " it's nice seeing you again pumpkin " he didn't say miss she only hummed silently, he almost looked desperate but hid it right away; then he remembered she's blind.

He noticed that she was closing her eyes shut so tightly, he leaned near her and touched the edge of her left eye; which made her step back and shut them even more tightly.

That was a stupid move he thought to himself, wait is she mad at me ? is that what they mean when they say she'll be mad at you and if you didn't know she'll get more mad ? and he was lost in his mind.

When he didn't talk nor move away she felt pissed; like he was staring at her, she tried to walk past him but he held her wrist, she turned her head and gave him a glare but with closed eyes.

" um..how was your week ? " he asked his voice calm but sharp both at once, she titled her head " not bad.. ".

His hand still on her wrist, when he noticed it he pulled his hand slowly, she walked past him and opened her wardrobe and took another bra and sweatpants, he noticed the way she touches her clothes to find the difference between them; her fingers touches the soft cotton like it's a fragile glass.

She got a shirt and sweatpants and again walked past him like he's a part of the furniture, it's kinda rude... she stopped before entering the bathroom and turned her head to him, " um... I'll change real quick.. " he's a villain what's the hell is wrong with you.

And he nodded but then realized she can't see so he hummed, once she got in he started wondering around, there was a paper on her desk; it was written in Braille but from the behind it was written in English.

' dear Shitsumei Pamanento, your teachers noticed a drop in your combat level, as your principal I like to remind you if you need help with anything mentally or physically, you can reach out to any of your teachers or me,,,

- your Principal, Mr. Principal. '

Is that what's bothering her ? the bathroom door opened and she came out with a blank face, he put the paper back and sat on the edge of the bed, " I'll go to sleep soon, I have classes tomorrow, if you have nothing to do you should leave " she said lying on her bed.

Yuri was under Dabi legs playing around, he laid next to her feet, " you're having problems at school ? " he asked looking at her over his hair, her expression soften a little.

" Dabi why are you here ? and why do you still come ? " Shitsumei asked after a long silence, she pulled her legs to her chest resting her chin on her knees, he didn't answer and kept silent; he didn't want to feel busted..he didn't want to admit anything.

She sighed hugging her legs, " you shouldn't be here...I shouldn't have let you in; not the first time, not the second time.. " her voice seemed so weak; her ego for a second was all gone.

He rolled next to her on the bed, now laying his head on the other pillow next to her, " if you knew you shouldn't let me in, why did you let me ? " his voice was almost whispers.

Now she was the one silent, he pulled himself up; sitting on the bed before he extended his hand towards her hair slowly to not scare her, she didn't move.

Gently he untied her hair and let it fall on her shoulders, her hair was so tall it crumbled on the bed, he started brushing it with his hand before transferring it into a bridge.

The way he played with her hair smoothly made her relax, but still the feeling of the guilt build up on her chest didn't leave her; she's betraying the heros, her teachers, her family, everyone who she ever met.

Suddenly he put his head on her left shoulder; so close to her ear she could feel his breath, " why did you let me in, Shitsumei ? " his voice made all the hair on her body stand up, so deep yet so calm.

" t-that day when I blinded you " she stuttered while whispering, that's wrong, it all so wrong, " I felt like my mind was burning to the ground, it felt like being surrounded by fire, it was something new..I was terrified.. ".

" is that why you let me in ? I burn your mind ? " he chuckled in her ear.

But it feel so right.., " no.. " she replied hugging herself tighter, " why did you help me that night ? why did you let me save you when you could've easily attacked me when I turned my back ? and why did you let me in your dorm again ? " he kept asking and asking.

" why are you letting me get this close to you ? ".

" I don't know.. " she sobbed quietly, he rolled her hair on his finger while his other hand rubbed her shoulder that his chin was on, " it's okay " he whispered, " you can trust me.. " said Dabi.

" I won't hurt you "