Twenty Nine

Sophia
I woke up yet again to my annoying alarm blaring in my ear at 11 am. We had a long night last night so I was pretty tired, but today we were going into the city with Matt's  wife, Sydney, so it was gonna be a fun day. She told us that she had a bunch of stuff planned for us for the day, so I was pretty excited. Syd got up at the same time as me and we started to find our outfits and get ready. It was supposed to be pretty moderate weather so I went for light blue jeans and a white ribbed t-shirt, while Syd went for black jeans and an oversized vintage Pink Floyd T-shirt. I paired my outfit with the same sneakers I wore to the airport, and she wore some white Air Force 1s. I curled my hair because I personally thought it looked better with my outfit, but Syd just blew hers out straight. I went for a bit more dramatic makeup with gold shadow and liner and a light pink lip, too. Gonna be honest, it didn't take all that long to get ready, but we both had pretty big hangovers from last night, which was shocking considering neither of us were super drunk.
While Syd was doing her makeup I went down to the lobby to buy some aspirin and some bottles of water. Sydney was coming to pick us up at 12:15 for a 12:37 train to the city, so we had a bit of time. I went downstairs and said good morning to the staff as I passed them. I bought a pack of aspirin and two bottles of water to go with it, and a snickers bar cause I was kinda craving one.
On my way back up the elevator, I passed the little kid that had asked mat for a picture yesterday and he waved to me, and I of course waved back. When we reached our floor, I got out and walked to our hotel room. Syd was just finishing up getting ready, so I have her some aspirin and tossed her a water, and she texted Aus to ask when she was gonna pick us up.
A minute later she texted her back saying she was leaving the house now and would be there soon, so we grabbed our purses and phones and started walking to the lobby. When we got downstairs we waited for a minute and Sydney texted us that she was outside. We headed outside and met Sydney at her car and Syd hopped in the front while I hopped in the back seat. We started talking during the ride about the party last night and we thanked her for such an awesome night, and then for taking us out again today.
The car ride was short, so we arrived at the train station, the same one Mat and I had went to yesterday, and we bought our tickets. We went up to the platform and waited for a minute or two for our train to arrive. There was an Islanders game tonight that we were going to, so we were gonna spent the day in the city and then take the train to Nassau Coliseum for the game. The guys had practice today, otherwise they would likely be coming into New York city with us, but it was fine, we were still gonna have fun, and it would be a good bonding experience for Syd, Sydney, and I. Also, I'll admit, it's kind of confusing when I say "Syd" and they both answer me, like I really feel like they need nicknames. Ah that would be where the nickname aus comes in.
When the train arrived, the three of us got on and found seats, me and Syd across from Aus, and we started the hour long train ride. Aus told us what our plan was for the day, and it sounded super exciting. First, we were going to brunch at this really cute cafe that her friend owned, and then we were going to go visit the MET, or the metropolitan museum of art, and then we would walk around a little and go to some shops and boutiques in the upper east side, and then head back to Long Island. She had a really good itinerary planned, so it was gonna be a fun day. We talked for the ride about the game tonight, because it was against the Vancouver Canucks. We've beat them many times before, but they've also got a good defense, so it's gonna be a fun game.
When we got to the city, we got off the train and walked through penn station. We walked a few blocks into Rockefeller center, and found the cafe Aus was bringing us to. We went inside and there weren't many people there, so we found a table, and a waitress came up to give us menus and take our drink orders. While we were looking at the menu, a younger lady with long red hair came out from the back and when she saw us she cane up to us and gave Aus a huge hug. I'm assuming this is her friend. Aus introduced Syd and I, and we all became acquainted. Her name was Breanna and she was Aus's high school best friend. We talked to her for a while, and she was really nice, but then she left us to eat when our food came out. I got blueberry pancakes, Syd a Belgian waffle, and Aus lemon ricotta pancakes. We all tried each other's and they were so good. I have been craving blueberry pancakes for a while, and these were perfect they were so good. While we ate, we talked about how we were gonna get to the MET, and after some persuading, we talked Aus into taking a cab as opposed to a 20 ish minute walk. When the check came out, Syd and I picked it up and split the bill, because we refused to let Aus pay, even though she insisted. Her and Matt had been so thoughtful during this trip so paying for lunch was the least we could do. We put down a tip for our waitress and called an Uber to pick us up.
The traffic was pretty heavy, but we still managed to get to the met in roughly 10 minutes, which wasn't bad, considering walking would have taken double that. When we got out of the Uber, we went inside and got our tickets and went through security. We started to walk around and somehow manages to get caught up in a tour group full of kids that looked about 12 on a school trip, which we managed to escape.
We walked around for a while and Aus showed us some of her favorite pieces. I've always been a history buff, so i really enjoyed going to museums. Last time I was in NYC, I saw Hamilton, which was possibly the best play I have ever been to, it was amazing.
Anyway, we kept walking through and looking at all of the different regions of the museum, and then around 4 we left. Right around the met there was a block full of little shops, so we looked around and bought some stuff. We had to keep our bags pretty light considering we had to fit everything we bought into our carry ons. That being said, I still bought a few shirts and some new makeup stuff. We first went to a little boutique that had some fancy French name. I found this cute off the shoulder crop top and another flowy top that I thought was really cute. Syd bought a few graphic tees and a pair of sunglasses, and Aus found a slip dress and some earrings. Overall, successful in that shop. We also went to this makeup store that was next door, and after looking around for a while, I bought a light pink lipgloss with glitter, and a vegan, cruelty free foundation that the worker had sold me on. I don't remember what Sydney got but Aus found a cute eyeshadow that she got.
After our little shopping adventure, we headed back to penn station to catch our 5:02 train back to Long Island.
Our Uber took a little longer than anticipated, but we still managed to make our train right on time, even though it did require a bit of running. Me being my clumsy self, tripped down some stairs, but I got right back up. Syd helped me up, but not after laughing at how extremely uncoordinated I was.
We boarded the train and the car we were on was packed, so we walked to another car where we found seats across from each other. I sat across from both Sydney's, and I thanked Aus for everything today. It was a really fun day and we had a great time. I had never been to the MET before so it was really nice to get to see.
While on the train, Aus asked how Syd and Jack were doing, and then how Alex and I were doing. When she asked Syd, the answer was simple, they were doing great. Their relationship was really strong and they were doing great with trust.
When it got to me and Alex, it was a little more complicated. I love him. I love him with everything in me, but I still don't know what happened last night. I mean, he tells me nothing happened, and I believe him, I trust him; but then Trevor and jack tell me that I've gotta talk to him and I start to question if I'm giving him too much trust. I genuinely trust him to make the right decisions, especially when I'm not there, but Trev also doesn't get worked up about nothing. I haven't heard from any of them after last night, so I don't really know where we stand. I think we just need to talk it out tomorrow in person, because I don't need speculation about him from my idiot brother ruining my vacation.
Both Sydney's understood what I meant, and we talked about it for some time, and then decided to not speculate and that it's best to just wait and talk it out with him when we get back, if there even is something to talk about.
When we got back to the train station, we headed to the car, and Aus started driving to the hotel. She had brought her jersey and stuff with her and left it in her car, so we only had to stop at the hotel, where we could all get ready.
Before pulling out of the train station parking lot, Syd connected to the aux and put on some music from her, "straight vibes" playlist, which I'll admit is pretty fire; and we just started jamming. They did a good job cheering me up from the deep conversation we just had on the train, so by the time we got back to the hotel I was in a good mood, and was ready for game day.