C Rank

"Dad! No, I want to win!"

"(F/N), just move this piece—."

"Don't tell me!"

All you have been doing for a few weeks were babysitting wealthy children, plucking out weeds, help clean pets, and chase cats all around the village. Displeased by these missions, you finally went to your parents and told them about your annoyance, complaining about the deception relating to Genin rank assignments.

To help you forget about the missions or take your anger out, your father offered you to spar with him. Training for a couple hours, your mother Hina coming out once in a while to give you boys creamy egg sandwiches and lemonade, Hitoshi decided to give the both of you a long break and play some Shogi. Shikamaru, which you hate to admit, is better at strategy than you always beating you at the game. What he is not better than you at is Taijutsu and critical thinking. Moving a piece, you grin knowing you're going to win.

"You punk," your dad grumbles.

"Me the punk, what about you? Kicking my literal ass when you know I can't beat you."

He laughs at you feeling a little guilty. "Well, son, the world can be a brutal place."

Sighing, you think back on the KIA Memorial stone your father goes to once a month. He used to go more often, but now that he has a family and a baby on the way, he focuses on life now more than the past. Kakashi looked down at the stone like your father. You know some messed up things must have happened to him, and you are genuinely curious to why he chose to be a squad leader. 'Won't he'd just be hurt more if something happens to any of us?'

"What are you thinking about," your father snaps you out of your morbid thoughts.

Not feeling like to answer, you shrug your shoulders and look at your garden. Your parents, Hitoshi and Hina, bought a whole apartment building when they learned you were developing in Hina's belly. Hitoshi has been through many hardships working under Danzo's Division. Danzō is a man your father warns you about, trust for him has fallen at one point and you want to know why but your dad doesn't want to tell you. Knowing he was going to be a father, your parents settled down and made a shop.

Doing construction work on the building with the money they saved up, they were able to make the whole first floor their tea shop. In where it is an open and indoor tea house where you can buy tea and other finger foods as well as be seated like a restaurant and served.

It's a three story tall building, in the layout the entrance to your actual home is on the second story as well as the kitchen, dining room, a half bathroom and your parents master bedroom. They constructed on the whole building, taking the stairs from the outside putting it inside where it leads to the third floor: your bedroom, two spare rooms and two bathrooms.

"Dad, would you be a squad leader?"

Your father sits back, observing you. To him that is an absolutely random question.

"No, too much work. Your leader is Kakashi, right?"

He remembers Kakashi, Hitoshi will never forget his first time seeing one of the youngest recruits and learning his story from the Hokage. He may have worked for Danzō, but his loyalty is for the Hokage and village. Not the other elder and never will be.

"He's a strong man and have been through much grief. I trust him with you," he ruffles your hair and gets up cracking his knuckles. Getting up, you follow him to the open yard again and get into a fighting stance. He runs at you, using his left foot aiming at your face. Throwing your hands crossing each other you block it, vibrations tingle your body from the impact. Twisting your hands you grab his leg spinning your body by your arms slamming one of your legs on his shoulder and another gets captured in his hand. He yanks your leg towards him, ducking, and brings his knee up hurting your abdomen.