The Italian Language

Summary: This is based off of the head canon where the Apollo kids gossip about Will's crush on Nico in the infirmary. Nico gets hurt one day and hears them. Italian is Nico's first language, but they don't know that. ;)

Bold is Italian. (Except for this top part.)
Nico POV

I got scratched up a bit in training. Of course, I won, but the person I was practicing with was in another part of the infirmary. I walked in and Kayla lead me to a cot. As Kayla was asking me about the wounds I couldn't help but over near my first language. Italian.

"Look, it's that kid we're always hearing about." Says one of the Apollo kids nearby. "I can see why, I mean, he's cute." Adds another. I try my best not to blush and I'm pretty sure it works. "Dude. You know Will's gonna kill you for saying that." The first guy says.

Why would Will kill him? Oh, yeah. Will Solace is my crush. No one knows, and I'm planning on keeping it that way until the feelings go away.

"You know it's the truth." A random girl walking by chimes in. Kayla is now bandaging me up. "Stay in the infirmary for two hours and you should be good to go." Kayla says. "Thanks." I answer, getting more comfortable on the bed. I'm just sitting there, listening to the conversation from earlier.

"If Will stops liking him, I might take him for myself." Says some random camper, biting his lip. I hide my blush, once again, and look away. I don't think they know I speak Italian. I obviously wouldn't tell them unless I have to or when it's a great time to tell them. All I have to do is not blush and pretend I don't hear it.

~TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY PERCABETH ARGUING OVER WETHER WATER'S WET OR NOT~

It's finally time for Will's shift in the infirmary. When he sees me his face... lights up? Odd. It can't be that he likes me back.... Can it? Whatever. Unlikely.

"What's he doing in here?" He asks the guys from before. "Training. Scratched up. You know, the usual." Answers the guy. I should really learn their names.

"Why? Wanna take care of your little Ghost Boy?" They laugh. Will turns bright red and it takes so much energy for me not to do the same. "Oh, leave me alone. You can't blame me." Will fires back. Guy two snorts. "Nope. No we can't." He says shaking his head.

Will sends him a threatening glare. He raises his hands in surrender while the others around him laugh. "Y'all are so obsessed. I'm surprised you aren't fighting for him. It'd be interesting." Kayla comments, in between breaths of laughter.

"Yeah. I agree. That would be pretty interesting." I say, smirking. Every Apollo kid in the infirmary looked at me, shocked.

"What? Didn't think I could speak Italian? I was born and raised in Venice, lives there for 10 years." I explain, getting up and stretching. All they did was stare at me, mouths agape. I roll my eyes.

Will is still standing by the door to the infirmary. I walk to the door and say "Docks, 5 pm. Don't be late." winking at Will. I exit the infirmary, chuckling at their expressions.